Chapter 80

Sonic's POV

There was a bunch of kids, teens, and adults, both guys and girls, of all types of creatures. Hedgehogs, birds, some even human! I could barely make out their faces in the darkness, though. They whimpered and I heard movement. They were moving away from us. A light turned on, and they whimpered again, clearly terrified.

"Hi." Kianna said, giving a small wave, her hazel eyes glowing. Her smile was soft, and her expression was gentle. It's been a long time since I've seen this side of her. I actually missed it. I started to walk towards them and they whimpered, crawling away from us. Kianna put her arm out to stop me. "I got this." They cautiously backed away again, as Kianna took a small babystep towards them. Kianna's hands twitched for a quick second. She shook them and they stopped.

"Stay away from us!" One of the adults yelled. That's when I noticed that they had a barcode on their arm. All of them did. The numbers under it, I presume, say what number they are. Kianna crouched down.

"Don't worry. I'm one of you." She pulled up one of her sleeves to reveal a barcode. There's was a whole bunch of zeroes underneath it and then a one. "I was the original, actually..." They all looked at her, staring. Then they all stood up and walked over to her, starting to talk to her and ask questions like, "What does the sun look like?" I instantly felt bad. Kianna answered all of their questions. Then we heard a familiar voice.

"Hello, sweethearts." A familiar voice said, and then they came over to us.

"MOM?!?!" I screamed, and ran at her, engulfing her in a hug.

"What are you doing here?! You are supposed to be hiding on Camelot!"

"What?!" I yelled, confused.