Good News?

"He's a bit late isn't he?"

"Hm..."

"Ma, it's been ten minutes. Give him some time. Maybe he's just nervous."

His mother shrugged, turning to pay attention to her grandchild. Yoongi smiled as he watched his nephew gurgle and laugh.

And then the door to the restaurant opened, revealing a slightly frazzled looking Jin in a trench coat.

When their eyes met, Jin seemed a bit more relaxed and he walked up, planting a peck on Yoongi's cheek. He then turned to the other members of the table, bowing in greeting.

Seems like the whole family is here.

Yoongi's parents, his sister and her small family too. The baby looks absolutely adorable.

"Please forgive my tardiness. Work got... a bit out of hand," he says, bowing again, then smiled and sat.

The family seemed a bit stunned, and Yoongi smirked just a bit, knowing his omega's beauty and charm got them all speechless.

"So... you're the omega he's just told us about."

Yoongi clicked his tongue at that, but all Jin did was smile at those words. "Ah... yea. Honestly, it's mainly because of me..."

He pulled out his phone to keep it next to him, before laying his trench coat over the backrest of the seat.

Yoongi's family were watching very closely, and it was quite obvious. They were not... strict or high class per se, but they wanted to know if this man was good enough for their son, and not some gold digger who's after fame and money.

Plus, they never knew their son was capable of getting a boyfriend, let alone a mate, so they were curious too, about what made him suddenly change his mind.

"Because of you, you say?"

Jin briefly checked his phone, then placed it down to pay attention. "Yes ma'am... um, I was not ready yet, and he didn't pester me either so..."

"I see. And this meeting...?"

"Yes, um, he told me you were coming down to visit and I thought-" Jin's phone buzzed and his head quickly snapped at it. Deeming it was nothing, he continued. "I thought it would be a good time to meet. Though I'm not really sure when he informed you..."

"Almost a month ago, he called and told us."

"Ah, I see. Well, I'm glad to be here."

The parents nodded, and Yoongi's sister and brother-in-law smiled.

---