Chapter 16

/Jake's side/

It's another morning in this cottage again, he just woke up. He looks at the time quickly. It's only 9am. He can feel the breath of Alexander on his neck behind him. He's still sleeping. Jake actually slept really good. Even tho the presence of Alexander is still affecting him, but not in a bad way. Since he had time to think about it last night, he decided that he will still try to avoid contact with Alexander. It's gonna be difficult since they're in the same cottage but last night was only an exception. From now on Alexander will sleep on the couch even if it's uncomfortable. He let out a sigh thinking about it, he wants to be close to Alexander but he needs to get his distances at the same time. He took this trip to no think about him. But a part of him also wants Alexander to confess back his feelings. At this point, Alexander might feel nothing at all for him, so better trying to focus on something else. But who knows maybe he still have a chance..

/Alexander's side/
He stretches in bed seeing that Jake is already awake. He's in the kitchen preparing some tea. Alexander put on his sweatshirt in direction of the kitchen still looking at Jake. He looks for some food in the fridge and cabinets. He finally found some fruits and waffles that he can prepare. But he'll not only prepare it for him, he also want to prepare it for Jake. To thank him for letting him sleep in the bed last night. He starts washing the fruits and cutting them into small pieces. Jake is at the table enjoying his tea. Alexander tries to hide what he's doing to keep the surprise to Jake. When he finishes the breakfast, he puts the two plates on the table. Jake looks up at him with a curious look. Alexander smiles gently and sit down with him.
-I cooked breakfast for you.
-But why, you didn't had to-
He interrupts him;
-Well you often cook for me, now it's my turn. As he takes the first bite he adds; Oh and also to thank you for letting me spend the night in bed.
Jake doesn't answer, he only gives a smile and start to eat. But from the corner of his eye Alexander can see the red spreading on his cheeks.

/Jake's side/
After they ate their breakfast, the instructor called them to join him at the top of the mountain. Everyone in the cottage gets ready really quickly and put on their coat. They all go outside to join the instructor at the top of the mountain. Alexander is walking in front him, while he's following behind with his skis in his hands. When they arrive at the top of the mountain, the teacher turned around to face them. He explains to them that he will have to take care of the children who have just arrived, also on a school trip. He points them with his fingers to show them. At the bottom of the mountain you can see some children as well as their teacher. Since they are younger he will have to take care of them for the rest of the day. He therefore designates students at a more advanced level in the small group of students on the mountain to be able to help beginner students among them.
-Okay so, you.. hum Jake right?
Jake nod.
-You will help him right here.. hum.. Alexander. Is that his name? He asks
Jake nod again but more slowly.
Great... His plan was to avoid him, but guess it won't be for today. When teacher leave the mountain, so they can start to practice. Jake walk towards Alexander that was standing in front of him. He taps his shoulder. Alexander turns around to face him and chuckles.
-Oh, you've been assigned to me?
He tries not to show any kind of excitement in his tone.
-Yeah I have. We should start now if we want to make the instructor proud.
-Oh.. okay mister the teacher!
Jake let out a embarrassed sigh. He place himself behind Alexander again and hold him in the position he should be in when he slide down the mountain. Jake explain to him where his hands should be and how he should be standing. After a few minutes of trying to explain to him he notice that Alexander wasn't saying anything. He tries to understand what is wrong when he notices that his hand were on his hips for a while now. He get them of him quickly and laugh it off. Alexander then finally start to slide on the mountain as Jake watches him. At the bottom of the mountain, he turns around and Jake gives him a thumps up to cheer him up. When Alexander go up the mountain to do it again, Jake chuckles and say;
-This time i won't distract you with my touch.