Chapter 15

/Jake's side/

He's speechless, he doesn't even know what to say. So he simply let out shocked;
-What are you doing here?
Alexander looks at him for a brief moment before saying;
-It's a long story, but can you move please I just need to put my things somewhere.
Jake leave the door frame so he could get more space. He watches him sigh and putting his bags on the couch. Jake is standing behind him, armed crossed. He really didn't expect him to come to the trip. When Alexander was done putting his stuff down he turns around to see Jake's expression.
-At first, I wasn't suppose to go here but since my father wanted me to try out a new sport, well here I am. He chuckles a bit. Jake don't see anything funny here. He was suppose to go on this trip to get his mind off things and not think about Alexander. But turns out he's gonna spend those three days with him. Great.

/Alexander's side/
A few minutes after the two other guys came downstairs to welcome Alexander into the cottage and even asked him if he preferred to go to the second floor, but since at the first one he got his couch with all his stuff, he was already happy there. They didn't had time to talk too much because the instructor quickly knocked on the door and made them know that they need to go outside and bring their ski equipment. Since Alexander didn't had any he just changed his jacket for a warmer one. He spot from the corner of his eyes Jake taking out his ski. He knew that Jake already did ski a for a while but he would never found the occasion to practice it much, so that's probably a good opportunity for him. He gets out of the cottage and tries to not think about Jake too much as the cold air brushes along his face. The instructor was only taking care of people who already know how to ski, which means he had to find another instructor who is adapted for his level. At the top of a small mountain, he see an instructor with a red coat teaching other people how to properly hold their ski. He walks in the direction of the small mountain and get in line with the few other people waiting to try their ski. The instructor gives him the ski and explain briefly how you're suppose to manner it. After this quick instant, he gives him a small push. Alexander is now skiing down the mountain. That feeling, it's amazing. The cold win across his face, seeing the snow falling all around him, people cheering him up. It feels like he was free. He don't have any more worries when he's skiing at that pace with all the trees becoming smaller around him the more he gets far away from the top of the mountain. When he finally arrives at the end of the mountain, he tries to hide his smile. 'I think I found my new passion.'

/Jake's side/
When he finally get back into the cottage in the late afternoon right after skiing, he's rapidly followed by Alexander. He can't help but notice the big smile on his face. He looks like he enjoyed his day a lot.
-I never knew you liked ski. He says.
-Yeah, It was my first time. But I really liked it. I wanna practice it more. He gently smiles towards Jake with still snowflakes melting on his hair and his cheeks red from the cold. Jake cheeks starts to turn red as well, but not from the cold. After a few minutes they are given food to eat for dinner. The two other guys sharing the cottage with them took their portions and rapidly went upstairs leaving Jake and Alexander alone. They sit on the couch and turn on the tv. There was nothing much to watch, but they found a Disney movie that they could enjoy together. Before starting the movie Jake pretend that he needs to go to the bathroom before, but instead he take out his journal.

December 4
Alexander is at the same ski trip with me. I never expected that. Now we're watching a movie on the couch of the cottage, because of course he had to share the same cottage as me and two other guys. But I don't complain at the same time, it's great to be sharing moments like this with him. But the first intention for me to take this trip was to get some time alone and not see him. But here I am stuck with him for three days in a tiny cottage.

/Alexander's side/
It's almost night time and Alexander changed into his pyjamas. Trying a new sport was really exhausting. He joins Jake, sitting on a table drinking his tea. He sits in front of him and tap his shoulder to get his attention. Jake's now looking up at him.
-Hum I think I'm gonna go to sleep now. I'm pretty tired.
Jake's sips his tea and answer calmly;
-Yeah, that's fine. I'm gonna go to bed too actually.
They both sit up and open the door of the small bedroom. That's the only part of the cottage that they didn't check before. They both froze when they open the door.
-Oh.. Let out Jake. I thought that there was going to be two separated bed. But um..-
Alexander cut him off;
-That's fine, I'll just sleep on the couch instead. He just leaves the bedroom, pushes his bags away from the couch and let himself fall onto it. He closes his eyes but a small tap on his shoulder make him open them. It was Jake.
-Are you sure you don't wanna sleep in the bedroom? The couch seems to be pretty uncomfortable.
It was actually not too bad but the couch could never compare to the soft and comfortable bed with pillows. He decides to get up and follow Jake into the bedroom. He takes the place close to the nightstand. And he falls asleep only in a few minutes. The bed was indeed comfortable and soft but, Jake's presence close to him made him blush under the covers, if Jake is here, the bed is gonna be even more comfortable.