Chapter 10

/Jake's side/

After what happened that night he wrote many things down on his journal. It's like it was more understanding than a person. He can't tell anyone about how he's feeling. He don't want anyone to knows he have feelings for his best friend. And definitely not that he's jealous. He thinks about all the things he is going to miss. Mostly hanging out with Alexander, but also hearing about him, hugging him and talking to him about anything. He misses his best friend, the person he fell in love with, the lover he would never have. He can't confess to him, he have a girlfriend so of course he's going to say no. All his chances are ruined. All he can do is write lines on his notebook, preciously hidden next to his desk about every detail he loves and admire about the person he's in love with. His favourite features about him, his most beautiful personality traits, how he is, how they both grew up together, how much they have in common, every single details about each other's child hood, what they used to do and still do growing up. All these things he would miss. To his eyes, he didn't lose a best friend, he lose him. His lover. The lover he wants, he needs, he care about, he cherish... But would never have. His love and admiration for him only exists in this journal. And that's better like this. He can't let anyone look through it. It's way too precious. Everything he wanted to say to him is written. He wishes he could have just a few minutes alone with him, and read out loud every single word written down on those pages to Alexander. Just so he can let everything out and finally get over the fact that their love will never happen. It will just take place between these pages that have been written smiling, crying, raging. It was the book of their lost love story.

/Alexander's side/
Alexander is comfortably sitting on his couch, alone in his house. For once there is no chaos. Why? Would you ask, well because his sister is hanging out with her boyfriend. And tonight Alexander's parents decided they would go to the restaurant. That happens pretty rarely. Actually the last time something like that happened was probably when he was young. And the reason why this is happening, is because since his mother wants to reconcile his sister and father together but it's impossible to have the two talk about it at the same time, well she'll be talking about it alone with his father. Well technically his father thinks it's a normal date but actually, she wants to have an occasion to talk to him about it. It's been a while since he was alone in the house. Usually when he was bored like this, and had nothing to do he would invite Jake over. But now it's impossible. What if his family comes home when Jake is here, they'll just be mad that he didn't ask them before. He doesn't want the chaos to amplify. It would be better if he goes to Jake's house. But he can't. Jake has been avoiding him all week. But at least he had more time to talk to his friend Miley. If he can't tell Jake anything, then he'll say it to her. She's the one that can comfort for him for now. Thinking about it, he never had the time to confess to Jake. Last time they saw each other in class he wanted to tell him his true feelings but he didn't. He was too scared. He didn't want Jake to be mad, since he seemed to be already distant. He needs to tell him when he knows that he won't leave for another class to avoid him again. He needs to know that he'll tell him when they're both together and none of them will avoiding one another. He looks at the door. It's really tempting. He never snuck out before. It would be the first time he do that. But he doesn't wanna end up in the same situation as his sister, and get yelled at and get grounded, which will lead more chaos again, and when's there chaos, where does he go? To Jake's house. Actually whatever decisions he makes is gonna lead him there. That's where he needs to go.

/Jake's side/
Jake's in his room, sitting on his bed. On his phone since there's nothing much to do. He already let out everything he needed to on those pages. He stares at the ceiling for a moment. Sometimes it gets boring without Alexander. He probably have other things to do than hangout with him. Like talking to his girlfriend. He let out a small sigh and let himself fall on his bed. He's just gonna take a nap. He needs to rest after all the rollercoaster of emotions he had been feeling lately. Just at the moment he was about to close his eyes, the doorbell rings. Maybe his parents are having a coworker over and they didn't tell him. Or they ordered pizza. He didn't think much of it and closed his eyes again. But soon after that steps coming up from the stairs disturbed him again. Probably his mother telling him to go down and say hello to the guest. But he doesn't want to. A few knocks on the door than makes him open fully his eyes.
-Mom, I just want to take a nap. Please.
He go back to laying down on his bed, closing his eyes, but a familiar tap on his shoulder woke him up. 'Wait.. is it..'
He opens his eyes to Alexander standing right in front him.
-Hey. Hum can we talk?