Chapter 6

/Alexander's side/

It's Friday night, Alexander had decided that he will spend the whole weekend with Jake and his family. After all, it's been a while since they didn't see each other. He's gonna be able to spend more time with him and his family. But that's not the only reason. It's still the chaos in his house. His mother is trying to convince his sister and dad to reconcile together, but it's not possible. His mother accepted that he stays at Jake's house for the weekend since she knows he'll probably be better here than at home while his dad is fighting with his sister. It's been at least a year, even maybe more since he didn't go to his house. Jake was going to another school and was living a bit far away, now that they're living close to each other, he can see Jake more often.
While Jake is preparing the film they would watch, Alexander is in the living room because something had called him out. It was a photo of him and Jake. He did not remember this photo until today. In the photo they must have been around 7 years old, they were celebrating the birthday of Jake. On the picture we can see Jake opening his gift, it was the brand new video game that had just been released at the time. Alexander remembers how much they both enjoyed playing it. He is about to take the picture in his hands to observe it more closely, when he hears Jake shouthing at him.
-Hey Alex, the movie's about to start!
He leaves the picture behind him, and run to Jake's room.
-What are we watching?
-Scream.
-Oh, that's my favourite horror movie!
-Yeah, that's why I chose it!
They start the film, before the first scene begins, Alexander goes to the kitchen to fill a large bowl of popcorn that they could share.
They had both already seen the film together, but Alexander still gets scared during the jumpscares. When they were younger it was fine, but now they have grown. It would be a little weird for jake to see him jump in every scene. Alexander begins to feel hungry, so he plunges his hand into the bowl of popcorn, everything is normal until he feels something moving inside the bowl. It was Jake's hand. He must have been hungry too. It's just a little weird that he's been sticking around for a little too long brushing Alexander's hand in the bowl, but otherwise it's okay. Jake's hands feels smooth againts Alexander's skin, it wasnt that bad.
After around 15 minutes after the movie have started, the first jumpscare occurs. A guy with a mask unexpectedly run into the screen while screaming. Alexander let out a gasp and accidentally fell on Jake. Jake chuckle and pause the movie.
-What are you doing? Did it scare you?
Alexander quickly get up but Jake pulls him to give a friendly hug.
-Don't worry, it's okay haha.
Jake's arms feels really comforting. Must been because they always have been comforting for him but he never really realized it. Jake slightly pat his back, and Alexander slowly pulls away so they can continue to watch the movie together. Alexander always have been scared of being vulnerable of show emotions, but he feels like with Jake he can. Alexander let out a little smile while thinking about it.
-Why are you smiling?
Jake looks at him with curious eyes.
-Oh, nothing.