Bonus Chapter Two.

How Babies Are Made

(Before Ayat Gives Birth.)

As the days go by Maya became more curious about how her Khala's stomach is getting big.

"Mamma, Mamma. Why is Khala's stomach big? Did swallow a watermelon", Maya asks her mother.

Layla looked at her daughter with bulging eyes. If she was drinking water she would have choked on it.

"Umm..."

As she was about to answer when Jason walked in from work. Layla turned to him and had an idea

"Ask your dad. He will know", she tells her daughter who then ran to her father.

"What's wrong, Habibty?", Jason asked his daughter picking her up and carrying her in his arms.

"I have a question Papa", she told her dad putting both of her palms on his face.

"Yes, princess. Tell me", Jason says to her looking at Layla pretending to be busy preparing dinner.

I wonder what Maya is going to ask as my wife is pretending to be busy.

"How are babies made? And why is Khala's tummy getting big?", Maya asked her father innocently pouting.

Jason whipped his head towards his wife trying to control her laughter.

"Ummm...."

"Papa, Mamma told me to ask you. Tell me", Maya interrupted him.

Jason glared at his wife who was laughing so hard. He then gave a look saying ' I will get you for this '.

"Well, baby....."

"Mamma, can I have some chocolate? Papa isn't answering my question", thankfully Maya changed her mind about the question making Jason breathe a sigh of relief.

"No first dinner, then dessert, okay?", Layla tells her daughter.

"Okay", she got off and went to her room to play for the time being.

As Layla was finishing preparing their dinner, Jason walked behind her and put her hands on her waist turning her around.

"What are you doing? Let me go, the food will be burnt...."

Jason then switched off the gas without moving.

"There, the food will not burn anymore. Now why did you tell our daughter to ask me that?", he asked her kissing her jaw and cheeks.

"Umm, I didn't tell her anything about that. I just hope you would answer her".

Layla shivered at Jason and continued looking at her intensely. They were interrupted by tiny footsteps coming toward them.

"Mamma, Papa is dinner ready. I am hungry", Maya walks into the kitchen shouting at her parents.

"Yes it's ready mini Layla", Jason tells their daughter. And then turned to his wife. "She is mini you", he added.

"Papa you are a big meanie", Maya tells her father pouting.

"Why? What did I do?", Jason asked feeling confused.

"Because you didn't answer my question. How babies are made?", Maya tells her father.

Jason turned to his wife. 'This is because of you', he mouthed at her.

"Well, when you grow older you will understand everything, my Habibty", Layla tells her while placing food on the table. "let's eat dinner", she added taking a seat beside her husband.

After feeding their daughter, it was time for her to go to bed. Layla taught her daughter all of the duas that her mother taught her ever since she was a child.

After they were done, Jason and Layla tucked in Maya and kiss their daughter, and walked out of her room.

Jason pulled his wife in his arms and scooped her in his arms walking toward their bedroom.

"Now tell me why did she ask that question?", Jason asks his wife putting her down on the bed.

"Jase, I have to go see Maya, she is calling me..."

"I don't hear her. Now let's make that baby that Maya was talking about", He tells his wife.

The end isn't always the end.