Chapter Eighteen.

Engagement/Maya A Hassan.

It has been almost one month and everything was set up for Ayat and Naeem's engagement. Layla was already eight almost nine months pregnant.

The day of the engagement arrived and everything was going according to plan when Layla felt contractions but didn't want anyone to know as they were almost halfway through the engagement party. But Ayat began to notice how Layla was holding her stomach trying to breathe in and out.

"Layla, Is it time? And don't lie", Ayat tells her. As she was about to deny what Ayat was saying when her water broke.

"Surprise. I can wait for Naeem and you...."

"No, we are heading to the hospital. Sit and I will go and get Jason", Ayat placed her on one of the chairs that were set up for the family.

Ayat and Naeem wanted a quiet family affair for their engagement.

Ayat went to find Jason who was talking to his mother Kate. She tried to call him but all she could do was get closer to him.

"Excuse me, Jason could talk to you? It is Layla, her water broke...."

She couldn't even finish what she was telling him when they both heard a cry coming from the table Ayat was at.

Ayat rushed to her side while Jason was getting her things ready.

"I am sorry for this Ayat...."

"No, don't even dare to apologize. Now let's get you to the hospital", She tried to lift her when Naeem went in and coped his sister into his arms and then walked towards the car where Jason was waiting for them.

Naeem put his sister into the car and then got in the passenger seat leaving Ayat with Layla by her side.

"Layla, try and breath in and out" Ayat starts to help Layla with her breathing.

"Naeem and Ayat I am sorry that this happened...."

"Stop, that doesn't matter. What matters is you and the baby. Nothing more," Ayat tells her.

"Lay, she is right. You are what matters. Now the engagement can wait besides we don't even need it", Naeem explains to her.

Jason smiled at how Ayat and Naeem were handling what was happening. He looked at his wife who was calm by Ayat.

"How long until we reach the hospital?", Ayat asks Jason.

"Ten to fifteen minutes", he replies to her. She just nodded.

"Could you drive a bit faster, please?", Layla asks him making him speed up.

At last, Jason reached the hospital and parked the car. Naeem carried his sister in his arms and walked into the hospital.

Jason gave the bag to Ayat while he rushed to his wife's side. Naeem put Layla in the wheelchair that the nurse came with.

Then the nurse lead Layla and Jason to the delivery room as Layla wanted.

The nurse helped her change into the hospital gown and gave Jason some scrubs to wear during the delivery.

Soon after Nayla and Liam arrived at the hospital along with Kate.

Only Jason was inside the delivery room with Layla while the others are outside in the waiting room.

Ayat and Naeem sat down waiting for news.

"It is supposed to be your engagement....."

Naeem interrupted his mother by saying; "Mum, Layla's health and the baby is what is important besides we don't need an engagement party. Thank you mum Ayat and I never wanted the engagement party but we didn't want you to be upset. That's why we let you do whatever you want. But Alhamdullilah for Layla we didn't have to go through that anymore. Sorry, mum".