Chapter Twenty.

Three Years Later.

It has been three years since Ayat and Naeem's wedding. It is Maya's fourth birthday and Ayat has been waiting to talk to her husband about something important.

Flashback.

Ayat was pacing around the living room while Layla sat on the couch.

"How much longer?", Ayat asks her sister-in-law.

"Two more minutes sister", Nayla replied to her." Calm down, everything will be fine In shaa Allah, besides anything can happen. What matters is that there's always next time, right?", she tells her smiling.

"Naeem always wanted to be a father but what if I can't...."

Before she could continue, they hear the timer go off. Ayat rushed to where she kept the tests and smiled knowing it is great news.

"Alhamdullilah", she says taking the tests to where Layla is sitting.

"Well, what happened?", Layla asks her.

"Take a look", Ayat showed her the three pregnancy tests she took.

"Alhamdullilah. Congratulations sister. I am very happy for you. But don't tell him just yet. Surprise him at Maya's birthday which is also the anniversary of your engagement", Layla tells her.

"Okay but how?", Ayat asks her.

"Leave that to me", Layla tells her.

End Of Flashback.

The day has arrived for what they have planned to happen. Ayat was nervous to see how Naeem will react once he knows about her pregnancy.

"Just a little warning habibty. He will never let you out of his sight so be prepared for whatever will happen", Layla tells her knowing that Jason was the same when she was pregnant with Maya.

"Great just great. I started cravings a week ago and I didn't want to wake him up", Ayat explained to Layla what had happened when Naeem found her in the kitchen eating Nutella and lying together.

"That's hilarious", Layla started laughing until tears come out of her.

"It's not. I didn't know what to say to him. Thankfully all he did was shake his head and walk away. Alhamdulilah he didn't ask me the next day otherwise I won't know what answer to give him. Do you how hard it is to hide this from him? He is like a hawk", Ayat tells her.

"I know and understand what you mean but you can hold on for a few hours and then you will tell him about it", Layla smiled at her sister-in-law.

Everything was ready for Maya's birthday including the surprise that Ayat had planned for Naeem.

Meanwhile, Naeem was in the office trying to work but all he could think about was finding his wife eating in the middle of the night.

When he found her, her mouth was covered in chocolate while in her hand she held a packet of lays chips. Naeem just shook his head and went to the kitchen to get her a glass of water.

He then placed it on the table beside her and walked away knowing if he asked, Ayat might end up crying.

"Sir, the meeting room is ready", his secretary informed him.

"Okay, let's go", he walked out of the office and into the conference room where the meeting was held. Naeem needed to get home early for his niece's birthday and his engagement anniversary.