Chapter Four.

Kate Retiring And A New Surprise.

The first day, the second day, or even the last day. People who leave always leave with a teaching or a lesson for you to always remember.

Today was the first day that Kate would be retiring as his secretary so he needed a replacement as soon as he could.

It has been years since she had been offered the secretarial position by Liam. He entrusted her with everything because she was part of the family and earned the family's trust and love.

Her daughter-in-law was bound to bed rest because of an incident that happened when she was in high school. Layla almost lost her life that day.

Her pregnancy is a high risk. And she needed care all the time.

So Kate thought to retire so that she could take care of her. She loves Layla as her daughter. Layla had saved her son without knowing how she did.

"Ms. Andrews do you have the list of the applicants", he asks her. Kate placed the papers containing the names on his desk and explained who was qualified and who isn't.

Naeem looked over the names that were listed down and then Kate pointed to a name.

Ayat Said.

"She will be perfect for this. Besides she is taking business management and has done a secretarial course. This would be easy for me to train her", Kate explained to him.

He nodded and asked her to contact her to inform her that she is starting as an intern and then there will be a trial for her.

"Okay, I trust your judgment on this one. You can go ahead and call her and explain to her how this will work".

Kate walked back to her desk and started to make the call so that Ayat could start her internship the following week.

Kate went ahead and called the number Ayat listed on her Cv. She was doing her laundry when she received the call that changed her entire life at that moment.

"Hello, is this Ayat Said", Kate asks as she answered the phone.

"Yes, this is she. What can I do for you?".

"I am the secretary of the Hassan Co-operations and I am calling you to inform you that you have been selected to work and intern in the company", Kate explained to her.

Ayat tried to control her happiness but she ended up squealing on the phone.

"I am so sorry I didn't mean to do that. Thank you so much for this opportunity", she thanked containing her nerves.

"You are welcome and again congratulations. I will see you on Monday morning".

Kate then hung up the phone smiling to herself knowing that Ayat's presence might influence the boss's mood.

Kate knew that something or someone hurt her boss but she didn't want to get involved.

"It is done. She will be here this coming Monday. What else do you need me to do?".

"Nothing at the moment, thank you".

Kate looked at Naeem who was busy looking at some papers on his desk.

"Okay. Then I am heading to lunch. Do you want me to bring you anything?"Kate asks him.

"Nothing. Thank you. Enjoy your day".

Kate nodded and walked out of his office. She knew that she will have to bring him a sandwich because he won't eat.

As Kate walked towards her car, she saw a note struck on her window. She looked around to see if anyone looked suspicious but she saw no one there.

She opened the paper that read;

I am back and I want my family back.

Plus our grandchild.

There was no name. She shivered and put the piece of paper in her purse. She would show it to Liam later when he comes to the company.

Kate began to worry about her son, his wife, and their unborn baby. She knew that he would do what he promise to do.

And now that he is back, precautions must be made due to anything surprising happening especially now that her daughter-in-law is expecting.

Jacob hasn't been found yet along with his brother who Liam found out that he is out of prison.

Kate knew that Liam would protect his family but what happens when her son's father was the one trying to hurt them?