Chapter Twenty-one

Epilogue.

A Few Months Later.

Everything was going great for Ayat and her pregnancy except for Naeem's overprotectiveness towards her.

"Don't eat that, eat this. It is healthier and it's good for the baby", Naeem tells his wife while taking her bowl of chocolate ice cream that had crackers in them. He then gave me a bowl of freshly cut fruits.

"I am not hungry anymore. I am going to bed but my habiby you are sleeping in the guest room with your fruits", she got up and walked into their bedroom leaving Naeem on the couch holding both bowls.

He remembered what Jason told him about not being overprotective and letting Ayat have her own time and space.

Flashback.

Naeem knocked on the door hoping to see Jason and not his sister who would only make fun of him.

"Alhamdullilah", he said when he saw Jason opening the door. "Is she here?", Naeem asked about his sister.

"No, she went to see Ayat with Maya", Jason tells him opening the door further for him to go into the house.

"Can I get some advice from you? You seem to have been an expert in hormonal pregnancy", Naeem says to his brother-in-law.

"Well, I learned not to keep food away from her even if it is gross. And to give her space and most importantly to apologize even if it's their fault and not yours. Pregnant women are in a fragile state. They shouldn't be overwhelmed by anything or anyone", Jason explained to him.

"I needed that brother. Thank you".

"She kicked you out didn't she?", Jason asked knowing the answer.

"Yeah, because I took her favorite food and gave her a healthy one", Naeem explained making Jason laugh.

"I used to coat veggies with chocolate and trust Layla never knew the difference", Jason tells him.

End Of Flashback.

That's it.

Naeem quickly melted some chocolate and pour it on the already-boiled veggies and walked toward their room. He found his wife coming out of the bathroom and making her way to bed.

"I am sorry, Amore. I promise you that I would try not to interfere with your eating habits. I made you these", He tells her showing the food.

"Chocolate. Who are you and what have you done to my husband who wants me to eat healthy food every day", Ayat teased him while eyeing the bowl he is holding.

"I am sorry Ayat. Here take it", he gave her the bowl and walked out of the room leaving Ayat dumbfounded.

After she finished eating, Ayat walked out of the room to look for her husband.

First, she went to place the dirty bowl in the kitchen and wash her hands.

"I told him to sleep in the guest room maybe he is there", Ayat says to herself walking in the direction of the guest room. She slowly opened the door finding her husband in bed holding a pillow.

Ayat slowly walked towards him and took out the pillow and then place herself in his arms.

"You know I can't fall asleep without you," she tells him and then kissed his cheek making him smile.

Naeem pulled her closer to him making her smile.

"Don't leave me alone like that. I am sorry it is just I am emotional and sometimes I make you angry but don't be angry", she tells him.