Chapter Fifteen.

Rescue Mission.

While they were waiting for news about Ayat, they insisted on Layla getting a checkup to see if she is fine and so is her baby.

"Everything is good but we need you to be on bed rest for the rest of your pregnancy", the doctor tells her and Jason who was in the room with her.

"I will make sure she does that. Thank you, doctor", Jason tells the doctor.

When they went back to the waiting room, they saw the doctor talking to Naeem.

"I am sorry we did everything we could but.......",

Before Naeem barged in and shot Sam.

"I know that you won't want to stay at home, so let's plan first before the police arrive. We need to arrive before they do", Liam tells them.

Both Jason and Naeem agreed to make a plan so that they would get Layla and Ayat out of there before they could get hurt.

"Okay, you got. I know that you two would go ape when we get there. I mean it, Naeem", his father tells them as they head to the door.

Liam had already explained to Nayla what they were going to do.

"Come back, all of you in one piece including our daughters, or else I will do what a mother. Something you won't even imagine", Nayla tells them.

"You heard your mother, boys", Liam tells them. He then turns to hug his wife and kiss her forehead.

"Get them back, in one piece. I love you", she tells him.

After that, all of them got into the car and Liam started driving to their destination. Naeem was angry at himself because he couldn't protect Ayat or even his sister.

"Don't, brother. It is not anyone's fault that this happened. Remember when you said that someone was taking pictures and sending them to your office? I think that's Heather. I heard mum ask her what she meant by ' It is time for you to pay '. Now I understand it", Jason explains to him. "She was the one who sent those pictures and for the one who took them, it can be my good-for-nothing of a father or even Sam", he added.

"I am going to kill her when we are done with this...."

"I don't think, Ayat will like it if you end up in jail, son", his father tells him.

After what seemed took a few hours, Naeem tells his father to park a bit far from the warehouse.

"This is it. We have to prepare before we go in...."Liam tells them before they were interrupted by screaming.

Naeem couldn't wait any longer so he ran towards the warehouse withdrawing a gun.

He moved very slowly towards the screams. Then suddenly there is slience.

Naeem moved close to the door and shot the guy that was guarding the door. Unfortunately, the shot was heard by the other men who came rushing towards where the shot was heard.

Fortunately for him, the police, his father, and Jason rushed toward the warehouse. The police started shooting at the ones who fired at them.

Naeem got away and went to find Layla and Ayat when he heard his sister talking and then he heard a shot fired. When he went to the room, he saw his sister holding Ayat in her arms trying to get her not to pass out.

All he said was red. He fired his gun instantly killing Sam. He rushed to his sister's side to see Ayat who was bleeding from the stomach where Sam shot her.

"Let me take her to the hospital", he didn't wait for her to answer he just scoped her in his arms and to one of the cars that were parked. Thankfully, the keys were already inside.

He placed her in the backseat and got into the car. He drove to the hospital not caring about the speed limit he was driving.

Naeem reached the hospital and parked the car. He didn't care about the stares that he got when he carried Ayat in his arms and walked into the hospital shouting for help.

"Help my wife", he tells the doctor who leads him to the emergency room.

"Put her on the bed, please".

Naeem was trying to hold back his tears when the nurse asked him to go out of the room so that they could examine her.

He reluctantly went out and started pacing around when he heard his sister calling him.

Naeem turned around and saw her in tears, he rushed to her. He knew that she would be blaming herself for what happened.

Naeem pulled her into his arms hugging her.

"Shh, It is not your fault. Never say that", he tells her. Naeem looked at Jason and then at his father.

"It is my fault. If I didn't insist on going shopping, she would be here, happy...."

"Stop, this isn't your fault and Jason get her to check up. Go with him. Get yourself checkup and the baby", he kissed her on the forehead and let Jason take her to one of the rooms where the doctor was waiting.

After that, the doctor was talking to him.

"I am sorry we did everything we could but she is in a coma and we don't know what will happen in the next 24 hours. So until then all we have to do is pray for a miracle", the doctor explained to them.

Those words broke everyone's heart in that room. Her uncle, aunt, Layla, and her parents. Even Naeem couldn't hold it together he broke down in front of his family.

His mother rushed to his side holding him in her arms trying to console him.

"Naeem, don't give up. Allah is with us no matter what. Always know that. He is the only one who can help us with this. Now calm down and pray to Him", Nayla advised her son who was sobbing in her arms.

"Thank you, mama. But I need her, she broke my walls without even trying to. She came into my life as an angel and I can't lose her, mama. I just can't", he sobbed in his mother's arms.

"You can now see her but one person at a time. She has been shifted to the intensive care unit special room", one of the nurses told them.

Naeem looked at Ayat's uncle and aunt who were crying and holding each other so he stood up and walked over there.

"You can go and see her uncle. Then you can go Khala", he tells them. They looked at each other and then looked at him.

"Thank you my son", Aunt Husna tells him while Uncle Jamil just nodded and followed the nurse to where Ayat was.

"Afwan, Khala", as he wa about to walk over to his mother when Husna held his arms stopping him.

"It isn't your fault and neither is Layla's. I know my Ayat. She wasn't someone who would back down when she sees someone hurt. She even took karate classes when she was a teen because she wanted to make a difference. And she did. Ayat helped your sister and her baby. I am so proud of her for who she became. So thank you for loving her", her aunt tells him and then hugged him. "I give you my blessing to marry her when she wakes up. And she will wake up", she added.

"I promise you that I will always keep her safe. And I will love her for the rest of our lives and even in paradise. In shaa Allah", he tells her.

"I know that my boy. In shaa Allah".

Life is short. One minute you are breathing and the next you aren't. Cherish every moment you have with the people you love. Cherish every moment of every day with them because in just one day everyone you love might not be there. Love them and be with them in good and bad times.