21. Drunken Words, Sober Thoughts

Zayn's POV

     "Waliyha...?" I called out softly as she began to awake from the hospital bed. I clutched her hand as I finally saw her eyes flutter open. Her hand recognized the pressure from my grip as she realized who I was. "Zayn? What are you doing here...you're supposed to be on tour." She said weakly. I couldn't believe that was the first thing she said. "I wouldn't be away from you guys at a time like this..." I said as I looked down at her small hand in mine. She looked so small and timid, like she could break any moment. The doctors had told me they were in a car accident while my mum and Waliyha were going to go shopping. A large truck came out of nowhere from the right. What hurt the most was that the crash had impacted on my mum as she suffered harsh injuries. She still hadn't woken up and I was beginning to become worried. "How's mum?" Waliyha spoke out, I really didn't want to tell her. "She hasn't woken up yet..." I said quietly as I turned away from her, looking elsewhere. "Tell me she's okay at least." She said as I looked back at her, her eyes filled with worry and sadness. "She's okay Waliyha, she'll wake up soon." I said, lying. I wish I knew the answer myself. "You're lying to me aren't you?" She asked, it was like she could see right through me. "It's been a day now..." She whispered fearfully. "I want to go see her." She added as she tried to sit up, but ended up crying in pain as her two broken ribs had definitely not healed yet. I hurriedly pushed her back down gently, "No, don't move. I know it hurts, it'll get better. I'll go get you a nurse." I said as I excused myself from the room.

Perrie's POV

     As soon as Doniya had finally gotten to Zayn, she had called back to tell me what had happened. Honestly, I felt sick and saddened. I had grew to love Zayn's family when we were together...they were like my own family. Trisha was like a second mother and Waliyha was like another sister. They both treated me so well, it hurt to think that they were injured and in the hospital. I had promised Doniya I would go visit as soon as possible, after our interviews today.

     I embraced Doniya as she began to tear up. "It's going to be okay." I said, trying to comfort her as I hugged her tightly. My attention shifted as somebody exited out of Waliyha's room, leaving the door wide open. As Doniya pulled away from me I stood in place as I locked eyes with the person I still loved. I could physically see his eyes becoming cold and unfriendly as he saw me. "What are you doing here." He asked with a rigid tone. "Doniya told me what happened...I thought it was only right that I visited." I explained carefully. "Yeah well no one wants to see you so you can leave now." He said coldly. "Zayn!" Doniya scolded. I wasn't going to lie, that hurt. He was shutting me out, no matter how much I wanted to get back in. I bit my lip as I tried to think of something to say that wouldn't tick him off furthermore. "I'm sorry...maybe I should leave." I said, agreeing with him. "Perrie?" Waliyha's faint voice called out from the room. I looked at Zayn as if to ask for permission to see her, but decided it wasn't going to stop me anyways.

     "Waliyha...how are you doing?" I asked, seeing her injured self as I walked in. It looked like she has broken some bones and got scrapped up pretty bad. "Could be worse." She shrugged but winced in pain. "How are you?" She asked, obviously referring to Zayn and I. "He's being...difficult." I confessed. "I can talk to him if you want." She offered, I shook my head. "I know he won't listen and I don't want to drag you into this. It's strictly just between me and him." I declined her offer, knowing I was right. Nothing could change his mind. Somebody cleared their throat loudly; I turned around to see it was Zayn with a nurse by his side. "I'll be back soon okay Waliyha?" I turned back and said goodbye as she nodded. Zayn followed after me out of the room as the nurse began to help Waliyha.