15. Goodbye

"You guys lied to me.” Will stated while sitting back in his seat, staring blankly at us. We had rushed back from Harry’s bungalow after Will’s call. “Well you’re trying to control our lives.” I retorted. He narrowed his eyes, but didn’t respond back to my comment. “Regardless, I told you both there would be consequences if you two were caught with each other.” He said with a smirk forming on his face. “Thankfully, Zayn is leaving tomorrow so the consequences won’t be that bad.” He added. “Just get on with it.” Zayn snapped. I worried though, just how bad would the consequences be? “I have arranged a plan that will benefit Little Mix and another band. Perrie, you will be in a relationship for publicity. You cannot and will not contact Zayn while he is in America. Once the One Direction tour is over, this publicity stunt will be cancelled.” Will said, saying a rule after another. “The tour is on for like four months!” I exclaimed, not the least happy at all. This crazy man wanted me to date someone, who knows, for all I know it could be someone from Take That and I couldn’t contact Zayn? He was ridiculous. “Who is it.” Zayn demanded, his eyes locked with Will’s. His face showed no emotion, but I knew that he was overly angered inside.

Zayn’s POV

     Anger crept up inside me as soon as Will said Perrie would be dating some for publicity. I didn’t care who it was, I did not want to share my girlfriend with another guy. She was mine. “Who is it.” I demanded, staring Will down. The smirk that I so desperately wanted to wipe off his face seemed to grow as his eyes locked with mine, filled with pure evilness. “Jay McGuiness.” He said shortly. I clenched my fists involuntarily, feeling myself angered to the limit. “From The Wanted?!” Perrie shrieked. “Yes. Their manager contacted me asking, and I said yes. We all know Jay fancies you, Perrie. It would be perfect.” He said, shifting his attention to Perrie. “No! It’s not perfect. I’m not doing it. I refuse.” Perrie said boldly. Will laughed, “Too bad. The contract is signed by myself and their management. It starts tomorrow.” He informed, in a mocking tone. “Zayn!” Perrie said, urging me to say something. All three of us knew nothing could change Will’s mind, I didn’t even want to try. “Perrie and I can contact each other while I’m on tour.” I stated, the no contact shit was not going to work with me. Perrie looked at him expectantly. Will pursed his lips, “Only if it’s not through twitter. Text, calls and Skype only. Nothing that will expose you two.” He gave in. “If I come back from tour and her little fake ass relationship with Jay isn’t off, I’m out of the band.” I spat, standing up and leaving the office again, in a huff. Perrie had followed me out, “Zayn!” She called out after me. I stopped in my tracks; my blood was boiling with anger. “He’s a fucking maniacal bastard.” I stated. He knew the One Direction and The Wanted rivalry. We despised each other. Now he’s planned a relationship for Jay and Perrie, knowing fully that Jay fancied her. I grimaced as Perrie caught up to me. What if she fell out of love with me and into love with Jay when I was on tour? “I can’t believe he’s set this whole thing up…I swear he was planning it all along.” She said as we’ve stopped in the middle of the hallway. “He’s a prick.” I said, trying to maintain my anger within me. It didn’t work. “Fuck!” I called out as I punched the wall, putting a hole in it.

Perrie’s POV

     “Zayn!” I yelped as I watched him punch the wall. The results were what I predicted; a wall with a hole and an injured hand. “Let me look at that!” I said, grabbing his wrist to inspect his hand. A light bruise was already forming on his knuckles, a little blood oozing where the splintered wall had dug into the back of his hand. “Let’s go clean this up.” I said as I led us to the washroom. I grabbed two sheets of towel paper, wetting it and dabbing it on the back of his hand, wiping off the blood. “Why are you so mad Zayn?” I bit my lip, finally asking the question that I wanted to ask. “I know you don’t like The Wanted but you shouldn’t be this angry…” I added as my eyes fell from his eyes back to his hand. Zayn looked at me, shocked as if why I didn’t know the answer. “He likes you, Perrie. He’s going to steal you away from me. I just already know it.” He confessed. “I know it makes me sound like a possessive boyfriend, but you’re mine.” He added, his eyes finding mine as I grabbed another piece of towel paper to wipe his hand dry. “Zayn…he won’t. I love you and only you. You don’t have to be afraid of anything.” I reassured him as I held his hand, my thumb rubbing circles on the back of his hand lightly. “I know, I just…I don’t know.” He added. I could tell that he was jealous, but I didn’t say anything because I knew he didn’t want me to. “It’s four months. We can do this. You’ll come back and I’ll still be here. I’ll still be yours, I promise.” I promised as I went on my tip-toes to give him a short kiss. I didn’t know why he was afraid of losing me, my heart was all his, and he knew that.

--- 

     We went back to my flat after leaving the Syco headquarters, it was where I had to say goodbye to Zayn. His flight was early in the morning, and obviously I couldn’t go with him to the airport because that broke Will’s “rules.” I didn’t want to say goodbye though. That goodbye would last for four month until I could see Zayn again. I didn’t want to feel the pain of missing him; I didn’t want to start this new fake love life with Jay. Zayn and I spent the last few hours before he had to leave watching movies, eating ice cream together. This was something we would regularly do, but tonight I was faking my happiness, and I could tell that he was too. It wasn’t genuine. Neither of us wanted to say goodbye, we didn’t to face that moment. And that moment was now.

     “I’m going to miss you so much.” Zayn said softly as he stood by the door of my flat. “I don’t want you to go.” I responded, my hands find his and linking them together. “But four months, and I’ll be back. You’ll work on your album, don’t let me distract you.” He said with a smirk regarding his last phrase. “What if I want you to distract me?” I said as I bit my lip. “Nope. And soon I’ll be back. We’ll talk every day, I don’t care about the time differences. I’ll stay up for you.” He promised. I nodded, “I’ll miss you and I love you.” I said, pulling him into a tight embrace as I felt the tears begin to well up. He returned my hug, rubbing my back as he knew I was crying. “I love you too.” He promised as he pulled back. I nodded, biting my lip to suppress the tears. “Don’t cry, it won’t be that bad. I promise.” He said as he wiped the tears off of my cheek. “One last kiss?” I asked, my eyes filled with the yearning to feel his lips on mine, one last kiss to last for months. He brought his face down to mine, his hands on my waist drawing me in as his lips connected with mine, giving me a soft, sweet, desiring kiss. I wanted to stay in this moment forever, I didn’t want him to leave. He parted away from me, forcing a small smile on his face though his eyes were filled with sadness. “I’ll call you when I land…I love you, Perrie.” He said, catching my hand and pulling away as he opened the door, taking a step out and looking back at me. “Goodbye…I love you.” I choked out as the last of his fingertips grazed mine and fell away from me. I watched him walked down the steps towards his car. The sight of him faded as the engine roared to life and drove away, getting smaller as our distance apart increased. I shut the door, letting my tears fall.

---

Author's note: Sappy yes, filler chapter, yes, but I promise the next chapter will be 10x better! Vote, fan, comment, do whatever the Zerrie feels want you to do...that made no sense. Goodbye. x