11. Resolved?

It took me a while to react to Adam’s kiss. By the time I had tried to push him away, the paps were already snapping a million photos of the both of us. “What the hell Adam!” I protested as I tried to push him off of me. “Yo back off from her!” An Irish voice spoke out as Niall placed a hand on Adam’s chest, pushing him back lightly. I had noticed a crowd of everyone who as backstage were now surrounding us. “It was only for the publicity. Looks like I got what I wanted.” Adam said, smirking at the paparazzi. I stood there stunned. He was only using me? He told me that he was sorry and he wanted us to start fresh, as friends, but it was all lies. He used me. I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out. I should have known he wasn’t sincere about any words that had come out of his mouth. He snorted, with that smirk on his face that I really wanted to slap off. He turned around to leave, only to face a seething, angry Zayn. It happened so fast, but I knew as soon as Zayn raised his fist it would come plummeting down on Adam’s face. As I predicted, it was exactly what happened. The whole crowd gasped as Adam stumbled back. It looked like he was going to go for Zayn, but thankfully security got their hands on Adam and escorted him out of the backstage tent. I stood in place as my eyes locked with Zayn’s. There was something about his eyes, it made me feel guilty. I wasn’t sure why I was feeling this way, I did nothing wrong, but I felt bad. I felt even worse as Zayn walked off, with the following of the One Direction boys. Everybody else went back to whatever they were doing, as if nothing had just happened. I gulped; I didn’t know what to do now. I just knew I had to get away from here. I ran out of the tent, followed by Jade.

Zayn's POV

     After the whole incident went down I had gone back to rehearsing with the boys, but my mind was sidetracked. I saw Perrie excuse herself from out of the tent, followed by a worried Jade. "I'm sorry guys." I said abruptly while we were warming up. I shot them all an apologetic look then turned on my heels catching up to Jade. I put a hand out on her shoulder, "Please let me take care of this?" I asked, though it probably sounded more like a plead. She nodded with understanding and stopped in her tracks. "Don't hurt her this time Zayn, I mean it." She said. It was the first I had really heard something that she said that I took seriously. "I promise I won't." I replied. She nodded and headed back to the tent. My eyes focused on Perrie who sat alone on a bench far from the whole T4 event. My brain tried to think of something to say while I made my way over to her, but nothing was coming to me.

Perrie's POV 

     I was so upset. I felt used, hell I was used. I saw Zayn making his way over to me, but all I wanted was to be alone. "Perrie." He said as he arrived in front of me. "I just want to be left alone Zayn." I said softly as I diverted my eyes from him to my lap. I saw him sit down beside me from the corner of my eye. He looked down at his hands, as if thinking of something to say. "I'm sorry." He said. "For the things I did in America...I overreacted, I made too many mistakes. I'm not saying I'm better than Adam, but I would never treat you like he did. I know I screwed up, but I still love you." He confessed. All his words really hit me; I felt it deep in my heart. I wanted to tell him that I loved him too, but I just couldn't bring myself up to it. "I never should have trusted Adam, he told me he wanted to start fresh, just as friends. Of course he was just using me. Kind of like how people think I was using you..." I said, trailing off thinking of all the horrible things that people had said about me online. "What do you mean?" He asked, his eyes filled with concern. "They said I was only dating you to gain publicity for the girls and I...everyone I held hands with was apparently who I cheated with on you. I was named a slut, whore, everything horrible. Even now there's a flood of hate. I usually ignore it all but every once in a while..." I said, trying to hold back the tears that were practically begging to burst out. "...I just break down." I finished my sentence, ironically breaking down. I didn't want to cry in front of Zayn, it made me feel incredibly weak and pathetic, but I couldn't hold it in. "Hey..." He said softly, pulling me into a tight embrace. "I'm so sorry I didn't know people said that horrible things to you while we were together...I can assure you that none of it is true. They don't know you, they can't judge you." He said quietly while rubbing my back. "It's not stopping them anyway. I just wish I could be one of those people who don't care..." I said, pulling back, sniffling. "But no matter how hard I try, their words still get to me. It's really pointless to try." I said, wiping some tears off my cheek.

     "That’s what it’s like, being who we are, in this industry.” He explained, holding his hand on mine, his thumb drawing circles on the back of my hand. “I’m here for you babe, as friends… or more.” He said, but whispering the last two words. I looked up into his deep, chocolate brown eyes, sighing. Every part of me wanted to launch back into a relationship with him, but a question still lingered in the back of my mind. “I just don’t know if I can trust you again…” I said softly as I diverted my eyes from him.

     “Zayn, we’re on in five.” A deep, raspy voice interrupted us. “Alright Harry, I’ll be there soon.” Zayn replied, not taking his eyes off of me. As soon as Harry left, he started talking. “Let me gain back your trust Perrie. I can make it all up to you, I can prove to you that I’m not the guy you think I am right now. I’m much better than that.” I sighed, “It’s not that easy…but I’ll think about it.” I said, looking back into his eyes. Once I lost trust in someone, it was very hard for me to trust them again. I didn’t know if I wanted to put myself up for that or not. “Please, thank you.” He responded, “I need to go back to the boys…” He added. “I’ll come with you.” I said, forcing a smile on my face. “Okay.” He agreed reluctantly, and we began to walk in the direction of the T4 tent. I had a lot of things on my mind that I wanted to deny, but there was one thing I couldn’t deny; the fact that I still loved Zayn. I wanted to be able to be by his side, I wanted to be able to cuddle and watch romantic movies together, I wanted to feel the warm hug that he gave me when I was cold, I wanted him. And all of a sudden, my mind was made up. I had managed to convince myself in the matter of two minutes. My hand found its way into Zayn’s as we were walking, and everything felt right. He looked down at our interlocked fingers and smiled to himself. I couldn’t help but form a smile on my face as a warm, loving feeling filled my body.

---

Author's note: Short and sappy I know, but Zerrie feels ladjfosdjf. Sorry for the late upate as well, woopsss. Please vote and fan :D x