𝟬𝟱𝟳. remember cedric diggory

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐏𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐄𝐌 - ◦'𖥸'◦ - the 𝒜𝒞𝒯 𝒯𝒲𝒪↳ ❛ remember cedric diggory ❜︎𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟱𝟲

𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐏𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐄𝐌 - ◦'𖥸'◦ - the 𝒜𝒞𝒯 𝒯𝒲𝒪
↳ ❛ remember cedric diggory ❜︎
𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟱𝟲. / / 🏛🧺 ˚◞𑁍゚𝙳𝙸𝙾𝚁𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙸𝙰𝙼𝙴𝚃

For the first time, the great hall was silent. There was no sound of laughter or chipper voices talking amongst one another. It was just dead silence in the large room. At the Slytherin table, Theo and Blaise sat on either side of Celeste holding her hand. 

"Today we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was as you all know, exceptionally hard-working, intricately fair-minded. And most importantly a fierce, fierce friend."

Celeste sniffled and blinked back the tears. 

"I think therefore you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort."

This time murmurs of disbelief filled the air as Dumbledore continued. Stunned and frightened, everyone seemed to be paying attention. Celeste felt angry when Crabbe and Goyle kept muttering. The worse part was that Draco was listening to whatever they were saying. 

Daphne glared at Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle which made them silent and pay attention. 

"The ministry of magic does not wish me to tell you this. But not to do so I think would be an insult to his memory." Dumbledore stated strongly. And Celeste for the first time agreed with the old man. 

"Now the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me, reminds us that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events, the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain. You remember that, and we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave and true right to the very end."

"Harry Potter managed to escape Voldemort. He risked his own life to return Cedric's body to Hogwarts. Miss Black was abducted as well, taken as bait, therefore, suffered a great ordeal. In this Harry showed, in every respect, the sort of bravery the few wizards have ever shown facing Lord Voldemort, and for this, I honor him."

Nearly everyone raised their goblets and followed suit except many of the other Slytherins that remained defiantly in their seats. 

Celeste gave them a scoff, "Unbelievable," 

Blaise gave Draco and his goons a scowl, "Can I just say that the majority of you are hypocrites. Just because you all don't like Potter doesn't mean you have to look down on the fact that someone was found dead because of your so-called 'dark lord',"  

"Cedric died in that maze. Potter risked his life to bring his body back, I may not like Potter, but he's got, heart. Unlike some people." Theo sneered at Pansy and Draco who flinched.

Daphne who was also raising her goblet along with Astoria gave them looks of disappointment. 

"Every guest in this hall," said Dumbledore, "And his eyes lingered on the Dumstrang students. "Will be welcomed back here at any time, should they wish to come here. I say to you all once again - in the light of Lord Voldemort's return, we are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided. Lord Voldemort's gift for spreading discord and enmity is very great. We can fight it only by showing an equally strong bond of friendship and trust. Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open." 

Viktor and the other Dumstrang students were wary before looking calm and relaxed, almost thankful for the Headmaster's words. Beauxbatons Fleur blew in her handkerchief and sent Celeste a small smile. 

"Remember Cedric. Remember if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to an boy who was good, and kind, and brave because he strayed across the path of Voldemort. remember Cedric Diggory."

𑁍゚

"we will see each uzzer again, i'ope. said Fleur as she held Celeste's hand in comfort. "I am 'oping to get a job'ere, to improve my English." 

"That's quite nice, perhaps we should teach each other. I may be fluent but I'm not as confident."

Fleur beamed, "Yer Frenc iz very good. I will take yer offer on dat," 

She left leaving Celeste standing there. A tap on the shoulder made Viktor turn around. Hermione, Ron, and Harry watched the foreign students head to their transportation. 

"Will you vrite to me? I feel like I've finally found a true friend here. . . if you ever need anythin" 

"Of course, I will write to you, the same goes for you . . . you also lost a friend." Celeste smiled and Harry rolled his eyes. He shook his head and pushed down his jealousy. 

Viktor gave her a sad expression, "but you lost someone ye love. I mean it Miss Black, write if you need anything, and don't push anyone away." 

Celeste's heart panged, "Okay, I'll try," 

This gave Viktor a satisfied look and left to go have another word with Hermione before he leaves.

"Are you alright?" Harry asked in a small voice. He didn't know how to comfort the brunette. After all, this year had only made them feel separated and distant. 

"I will be . . . eventually but Cedric's gone and I'm still here," Celeste murmured. "The fact that I was the last person to find out all because I got kidnapped by some criminal escapee. If I was there would he have been alive?"

"It's not your fault Celeste. Nobody was at fault. Fate just has a funny way of screwing us over with everyone in it." Harry stated tiredly. 

Celeste agreed, if she ever got close to someone they either leave or get hurt. "I hate this . . . what's going to happen now that he's back?"

"I don't even want to know.