I press the doorbell and instantly I hear footsteps before the door flies open and a smiling James Worpel stands there. I look at him and smile. I forgot how insanely gorgeous he was. If anything, he's probably gotten even more attractive.

"Hey." I say and he smiles.

"Hey Tahlia." He says with that gorgeous smile, opening his arms for me to lean into, which I don't turn down. I walk up to him, standing on my tiptoes to be able to wrap my arms around his neck, leaning my head into his shoulder. Instinctively, James wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him, telling me that he did in fact miss me, that he did think about me in those two and a half years we didn't have contact.

"How've you been?" I ask once we've pulled away and I walk into his house, the familiar scent making me smile as I walk through the hallway and straight into the living room.

"Better now that you're here." He says and I look at him before rolling my eyes.

"I've been here for 5 seconds and you're already flirting with me." I say which makes him laugh.

"Well, it would be weird if I didn't."

"True." I say taking a seat on the couch, with James sitting down next to me.

"But actually though, how have you been?"

"Yeah good, just trying to keep myself busy you know since it's offseason."

"Yeah no I get that." I say and he smiles.

"How have you been?"

"Yeah good, school has been keeping me busy."

"Oh that's right, you went back to teaching didn't you?"

"Yep, three days a week." I say and he nods.

"It's good, I'm glad you've gone back."

"Yeah me too, I think I needed that break to remind myself how much I love that job."

"Totally agree, sometimes a break can be good." He says and I nod, then I smile.

"Not a bad season by the hawks this year huh?"

"Yeah, we did alright, just missed out on finals which was a bummer."

"Yeah, I remember those days." I say and he chuckles.

"Well, I heard the premiership party went off."

"Yeah, it did. You know Libba's a party animal so obviously it was going to be celebrated." I say and James nods.

"That's very true. He's probably still celebrating?"

"Oh he is." I say which makes James laugh. "But we all are, we're still ecstatic that we won another one."

"I could only imagine." James says sighing and I smile.

"Hey don't worry, you'll get there soon. Mitchell seems like he knows what he's doing."

"Yeah, Sammy's been good just I'm getting impatient you know. Every year I watch players win premierships and it just makes me think when's that going to be me you know. I know it'll eventually come but I just hope it's in my time." James says and I nod.

"It will come. One day, something will just click between you boys and you'll get the ultimate."

"Is that what happened with the doggies?"

"Well, I guess you could say that. But what motivated the boys more was the fact that we got so close, so it made them hungry, and now we're sitting with 4 premierships in the cabinet so we've done alright." I say and James smile.