Wanna See That With You

Start from the beginning

After Hongjoong left, Bosam looked up at me with a sigh. "Will you pull yourself together? Jesus Christ, Yunho, I have friends, so what? You've been practically glaring at me all day." she said, crossing her arms. I put my hands on my hips, scoffing lightly. "Well, how would you feel if the person you like and have been dating suddenly blows you off to go hang out with a friend who keeps teasing her and acting cute with her?" I asked, making her frown. "Yeah, I guess you wouldn't know. Because you don't like me the way I like you, do you noona?" I asked, which only made her frown deepen. "You are so unreasonable. Not everyone falls in love overnight, Jung Yunho. I was starting to like you, but if you're just gonna be toxic and possessive, don't even bother calling me." she said, making a sour face at me, before turning around to leave, but then stopping a few steps ahead to say. "Oh, and for the record, Jiho has been my close friend for five years. If I wanted to date him, I would've done it already. But instead, I went on dates with you, you idiot." she said, rolling her eyes at me for good measure before storming off and locking herself in her room.

I couldn't sleep that night. At one point, I even walked to her door and went to knock on it... but what would I even say? Was I sorry? Not really... I just hated this heavy feeling in my chest. Her face before she left kept replaying over and over in my head. She looked... hurt. And if I hurt her then yeah, of course I was sorry. I didn't mean to... but I wasn't sorry about how I acted. Were my feelings not justified? I contained myself all day, even though it felt like Zico-sunbaenim was deliberately trying to make me jealous with every little thing he did. Still, somehow, I was the bad guy in her eyes... and I hated being the bad guy.

She was probably asleep... I let out a small sigh and rested my forehead on her door, eyebrows furrowed together as I tried to think of what to do and how to fix things. I didn't want to lose all my progress with her. I didn't want to be one of those insecure, jealous guys whose jealousy ended up pushing their girl away into another guy's arms. But... was I in the wrong?

My thoughts were cut short by Bosam's voice. "Who is it?" Her tired voice came from the other end of the door. My eyes widened a bit. Did the sound of my forehead against her door wake her up? Was she that light of a sleeper?

"Noona," I said. "Yunho-yah?" she asked, to which I hummed in agreement. "Come in," she said.

I opened the door, feeling nervous. I didn't plan for this, I just came here on instinct. What now? The room was dark... I can't remember if I had ever been to Bosam's bedroom. The only light source when I first came in came from the faint glow of the glow-in-the-dark star stickers behind her bed. But then she turned on a lamp on her bedside table, making us both wince due to the sudden brightness. Then my eyes fell on her and the heaviness in my chest lifted for a second as my heart skipped a beat.

She looked adorable. Her hair was messy, she had no makeup on, and she was wearing an oversized black sweater with some gold text on it. Her thick blanket was bunched up around her waist as she sat up. "Did I wake you?" I asked. She shook her head. "No, I couldn't sleep."

"Oh?" I asked, surprised. "Yeah, I'm not used to sleeping alone," she said vaguely. I rubbed my arm awkwardly as I asked "how come?"

"Well.. don't just stand there, sit," she said, patting her bed. I was surprised that she was so calm after our argument earlier, but I obediently did as she said and nervously closed the door before walking up to her bed and sitting on the spot she had patted- which happened to be right beside her.

"Have you heard of separation anxiety?" she asked. I thought I had, but I wasn't sure. "Like.. with dogs?" I asked, hoping I didn't sound too dumb. She laughed a bit. "Uhm... yes. Some dogs get separation anxiety, where they get upset when their owner leaves. Kids typically also get separation anxiety, when they have to be apart from their parents. Those two types are pretty well known... but obviously, neither applies to me. Still, adults can sometimes feel a similar way too. For me, I get insomnia, having to sleep alone, because I'm too used to having Rowoon right there, next to me." She explained, pointing at the spot where I was sitting.