Together(Drowned Zombie x Reader)

Y/n's POV (If your name is Ellie, please change, I don't want somebody named Ellie having their feelings hurt because of the name choice)

   "This boat is great, isn't it?" My boyfriend laughed. We were sailing on a sailboat. "It's beautiful out here." I nodded in reply. He wasn't completely lying. The seemingly endless ocean rolled out in soft waves. We watched as a dolphin leapt out of the water. I touched the water Moana-style. 

   "I'm going to the hang out with Ellie, alright?" He said. I nod, fake smiling. He walks down to the lower deck. I frown as he leaves. He and Ellie always seemed to be hanging out together. It was almost like he was cheating on me. I sigh and continue looking at the sky, the sun shining brightly. Clouds flew over head. I walked over to the café. I bought a lemonade with two straws for me and my boyfriend. I walk down to Ellie's room and open the door. 

   "Hey there Jack--" The lemonade falls to the floor as I see Ellie and Jack kissing. 

  "Y/n wait!" Jack shouts. I run away with tears in my eyes. I sob as I reach my room and lock the door. Jack was cheating on me! I shouldn't have realized that earlier. After an hour to calm down, I went back up to the ship. I looked at the island that wasn't too far. A pair of hands touched my back and pushed me off. I scream as I look up into Ellie's smirking face. 

   "Seriously?!" I shout. I had survived. I guess Ellie had tried to murder me by drowning me. Karma had saved me though. However, I am now stranded on a deserted island, with no food and no way of getting back. I groan as I stand up and wince at the scrape on my arm. I wasn't naked so that's nice. I shook water off of me. I walked towards a tree. I looked up and saw a few juicy-looking apples. I picked up a long branch and poked the apples. I slapped the apples off the branch and caught them. I went to a pond right next to the tree and looked at the water. I grabbed my water bottle. I had gotten this from the black market, it purified any liquid that went inside. I filled the bottle fully and drank some. 

  I went to a soft spot on the sand and laid down then slept. 

   Jack's POV

    "Hey there Ellie!" I said. "Want to hang out?" Ellie grinned. 

   "Of course darling~." Ellie said. I sighed. 

   "Ellie, I already have a girlfriend," I said. "Trying to win me over isn't going to work. We're only friends." Ellie huffed in annoyance.

   "I'm way better than Y/n," Ellie complained. I ignore her and pull out some poker cards. 

   "Wanna play?" I asked. Ellie nods and grabs some cards from the deck. We start playing. (If I get something wrong it's because I don't play poker, I'm just trying my best to describe a poker game.) 

    "I'm going to invite Y/n to our game, alright?" Ellie growls. 

   "No!" Ellie shrieked. "You don't belong with her, you belong with me!" She kisses me as Y/n opens the door. She drops a glass of lemonade. She ran away with tears in her eyes. 

   "Y/n wait!" I chase after her. By the time I reach her the room's locked. I knock but there is no answer. 

  "Y/n, it wasn't what it looked like," I desperately begged. "I didn't want to...." I knew it was no use trying to talk to her anymore. This was all Ellie's fault. I went up to the deck and found Ellie, leaning on the handrail, smirking. 

  "What was that for?!" I shout angrily. "Why did you do that?! I don't love you, you're just my friend, how many times must I tell you that?!" Ellie's expression grew dark. She grabbed my arms and pushed me overboard. 

  I watched in horror as Ellie smirked down at me. 

  I woke up in the sea. I wasn't dying. I looked at my... blue hands?! I looked down at my body. My clothes were ragged and torn. My blue rotting skin was covered in kelp. I realized with horror that I was a Drowned. A shrill scream echoes in my ears. I spot Y/n falling into the ocean. I swam to her with surprising speed. I hugged her and swam as fast as I could to the nearest island. I slowly drag her out of the water and onto the sand. I slap her back, trying to get her to cough up the water. I succeed and dive beneath the waves. 

   Y/n's POV

    I wake up with the sun being a jerk. I groan and sit up. I had the chance to look at more surroundings better. I had landed on a particularly large island. There was a mini forest with jungle trees. Cocoa beans hung from the leaves. A blue parrot sat on a branch. I smile and dig for seeds in the dirt. I find eleven seeds and feed them to the parrot. The parrot chirps happily and lands on my shoulder. I giggle happily. 

   "Come on Indigo," I say to the parrot. "I'll make some shelter." I find a huge abandoned ax next to a... skeleton. A player one. I shiver and pick up the axe. I smack the ax into a tree. I got 6 jungle logs which I turned into 24 planks. I got myself some basic tools and replanted the tree. I then continued my anti-Team Trees rampage. Pretty soon, no trees were in sight. Only 4 trees remained, grown after I had replanted. I got 64 and 45 planks now. (Kids don't do this in real life) I built a small simple shelter. I found two sheep on the island and built a fence around them. I went back to my mini shelter and put a slab down for Indigo to sit on. I built a small infinite water source. I tilled the soil with a hoe and planted some more seeds. I bred my sheep and looked away. I heard XP being absorbed. I looked back and saw a tiny, adorable, baby sheep. I sighed in delight. I looked up and noticed that it was sunset. Mobs had a chance to spawn. A heard a clanking behind me. I turned around and saw that skeleton, aiming its arrow right towards my forehead. I ducked as it shot its arrow. 

   "Leave me alone, bone-man," I grumbled. "I don't have time right now." The skeleton ignored that and pulled back another arrow as it got dragged into the sea, arms flailing. I gasp in horror as I hear gurgling and bones falling apart. The skeleton's skull floats up. A Drowned zombie's head pops up. I draw my sword, and the Drowned opens it mouth. 

   "Noooo...," It gurgles. I lower my sword in surprise. "My.... ame... Jahhk." Tears ooze out of eyes. 

   "Why are you dead?" I whimper. 

  "Ellie...." Jack moans. I wade into the ocean and hug Jack. 

  "I'm sorry," I murmur. "You probably weren't cheating on me. Ellie was probably was being a weirdo." 

 "Thank you...." Jack mumbles. He kisses me and I don't pull back, knowing if I'm stuck here then at least I'll have company. 

  A week later...

   The yacht had returned for us. We got up, and also got Jack up and put him in a water tank. Ellie was furious. She would send glares my way. Then Jack would make her shut up by scaring her by banging on the glass. A local scientist had found a cure for zombie villagers, there was no clue if it work on player zombies though. Me and Jack had gotten him to visit. Dr. Aedile came into the room where Jack was floating in the water. Dr. Aedile smiled in a chillingly way. 

  "Let's see if the cure works," He says. He pulls out a gray syringe and Jack lets him inject it into his skin. Dr. Aedile then gives Jack a golden apple. Jack eats the golden apple and starts to shake. Pained moans fill the room. 

  "What did you do?!" I asked. 

  "It's part of the process." Dr. Aedile answered tersely. Five minutes later, Jack is human again. I smile and hug him. 

  "How can I pay you?" I ask Dr. Aedile. His gaze darkens and pulls out a syringe. 

  "I'd like to test this out on you." Before I can refuse, he injects it in. I reel over and cough out blood. I black out. I wake up as normal. Dr. Aedile is dead. Jack is a zombie again. 

  "What happened?" I asked. I noticed my hands were blue as well... at least we're together and that's all that matters.