Chapter 14 (Deku) part 1

Deku sits patiently in the bland cell. Counting the minutes that turn to hours that turn to days. And each day he is stuck with the same routine.

First the food comes. Then the sedatives to keep him under control. He has no choice in the matter, but their efforts still amuse him.

They have yet to see his quirk, but they know just how powerful he is. He could blow this entire place up if he wanted to. Even with their security measures in place that would end his life if he did, they could not take the chance that he would still do it. The possibility of loosening his tongue was just a bonus.

At the same time everyday the same person comes in. They ask questions, tell their own story of what might have happened, show him some pictures, anything to something as little as emotion from him. Then they leave.

He's then left to himself for the rest of the day, to let him mind eat at him or do whatever it is they think they are doing to break him. After one more meal, his white cell goes black. Then it all starts back up again at the same time the next day.

Deku squeezes his eyes shut and cranes his neck as his head swarms with bees and a stampede of animals pound through his skull. Then slowly, his body goes numb and his thoughts loosen. But this time, nothing seems to fade. His body still tingles, and the pounding is ruthless, resonating through his ears. The room begins to spin and Deku swallows the rising lump in his throat.

When the door opens, Deku doesn't stamper down his anger. He doesn't have to control for his body to activate his quirk even if it wanted to go on a rampage against his will. But he sure has plenty of words to share. "The next time I see you, I swear it will be on the other side of this cheap glass. I will rip you apart, piece by piece and watch as you slowly burn alive. So come on, ask your questions while you can. I want to see the horror on your face as you get what you have asked."

He's growing tired. Tired of them trying to find some sliver of innocence in him. Tired of fighting his own mind and tongue against the drugs every damn day. If they want it so much, maybe he should just give it to them straight for once.

Deku opens his eyes, surprised to see a blur of an outline of Bakugo standing in the doorway. He didn't need to see to know the color on Bakugou's face drained the moment he heard Deku's words.

His loud panting penetrates Deku ears, telling him Bakugou had no permission of being here. "Just what did you have to do to get in here?" Deku remarks, expecting the alarm to go off any moment. But as they sit in silence, it never does. "All right, what is it?" Deku asks with no concern in his voice.

"Why?" Bakugou finally speaks.

Deku cocks his head, sensing a question that has been lingering in Bakugou's mind for quite a while. "Why what?"

"All those people," Bakugou says forcibly, his voice wavering. "Did you even blink?"

"What are you talking about. If you haven't noticed, I've done a lot of things to a lot of people. You saw watched as they showed me my file. You'll have to be more specific."

"At the festival. You murdered and injured all those people! Why'd you do it? What was the reason?"

"Reason? Why did I have to have any reason? It sounded like a cool entrance for a dead kid."

Bakugou's eyes widen in shock. He didn't know what kind of answer he would find but he wasn't expecting that.

"Are you regretting asking?"

Bakugou swallows then shakes his head.

"Come on, ask some more," Deku dares, sensing there were more questions. "Come on," he whispered again.