Chapter 8 (Deku)

When your born without at quirk like twenty percent of the population, your looked down on society no matter what you do. And if you have a quirk but don't live up to society's expectations, you are looked down on society too. All because you let them down—whether or not it was in your control.

But than if you get a quirk after being quirkless for 15 years or if you do everything in your power to live up to expectations, guess what, your still alone. A freak. Someone who is trying so hard but still somehow manage to fail. No one wants an abomination.

So what are you supposed to do when every single person in your life turns their backs against you?

You find others just like you.

* * * *

Deku walks with his hood over his eyes as he travels through the alleys of the city.

Heroes knows he exists, Bakugou has the information they want, and there's a united group of villains running around the city in the shadows. There is no telling how much longer until the heroes of this world become hungry. Desperate, uncontrollable, and unpredictable. Just like a food starved wolf.

The only way to stay in control is for two things to happen. Force the hand himself and be prepared for any kind of attack.

One is already in place. Now it's time to make sure the other one is complete and ready.

Deku stops and peers around the corner at one of the most run-down parts of the city before slipping out and making his way to the abandoned building across the street. He opens the broken boarded up door and ascends the stairs, glass crunching under his feet and muffled words bouncing off the concrete walls.

The words grow louder and slowly unjumble as he enters the hallway of the second floor.

"Answer my question."

"I don't know anything. Even if I did, I wouldn't tell a villain."

Deku halts at the door where the voices are coming from.

"Oh yeah—"

Deku pushes open the door and sighs. "He already told you he doesn't know anything." He flips back his hood and stares at the black haired, scarred up fire user in front of him. "Burn his carcass and move on."

The villain turns around, the metal staples in his skin glowing in the blue firelight. "Well, if it isn't the little puppet?"

"Aren't we all puppets in the grand scheme of things? Especially you, Dabi?" Deku smiles, refusing to let the old friend's mockery get to him.

"What do you want?"

"I need some help."

It's only a matter of time before the heroes and police find out his name. And when they do, they won't think twice about going after the one person he still cares about from his old life. The one person he needs to keep safe.

His help isn't ideal, but it's practical.

"I'm busy." Dabi turns around and leans down, lifting his flaming hand to his victim's cheek. "Tell me, do you know how it feels to have your skin slowly and painfully burn away by a fire that's so hot, it's almost cold?"

"He doesn't know anything." Before Dabi can inflict any more damage than he already has, Deku reaches out with his quirk and snuffs out the fire. "Even if he did, he wouldn't tell people like us," Deku says, repeating what the hero stated.

Dabi looks down to his extinguished quirk than at Deku with a murdering glare as he straightens. "I really hate that little trick of yours."

"Blame yourself."