Chapter Thirty Eight

Venus’s P.O.V
Christmas had finally come around and Bella had told me, Jasper and my mom that Charlie had invited us over for dinner and when we got there, my mom and I were helping Charlie and Sue while Jasper and Seth were with Ophelia and I noticed Bella standing in front of the window and I sighed to myself knowing what she was feeling about everything going on right now until Charlie spoke up to everyone, “alright Present time” he said and we all walked into the living room, “Seth, Leah stop eating. Jake you start” he spoke up again, “well dad, we didn’t have time to wrap yours but here it is” Bella told him as he sat down in his recliner, “it’s a five day fishing trip to Fraser River” Bella told him, “you leave tomorrow” Edward mentioned, “wow that’s really nice. Thank you. Tomorrow, I can’t leave tomorrow” Charlie said until Sue spoke up, “I made arrangements for you at work” she said as she walked back into the room, “sneaky and extravagant.” Charlie said point to Bella and Edward, “and none refundable I’m afraid” Edward said, “you two trying to get rid of me?” Charlie asked and both Bella and Edward just looked at each other, “cause it’s working” Charlie continued and everyone chuckled, “Fraser River, that means we’ll be chasing some Cut Throat” Charlie said as Sue went and sat on his lat, “we might even hook a Rainbow or some Bolts” she said, “the woman knows her Trout” Charlie mentioned, “oh and that reminds me, Bella told me that’s what you like to do on your spare time so we got you something that involves fishing” I said to him and handed him the fishing kit that I wasn’t able to wrap, “oh, thank you Venus, thanks guys” he said and I set it down next to his chair before sitting with Ophelia as she opened something from Seth, “what is it sweetie?” I asked her and she showed me a Dream Catcher, “I really like it, Uncle Seth got it for me” she said with a smile and I looked at Seth and he nodded.

After having Christmas at Charlie's place, we had finally made it home for the rest of the holiday as we all did our own thing until Bella walked up to me, “my dad said he liked the gift you got him earlier today” she said and I smiled, “I’m glad he did and it was no thanks to you” I said and she smiled, “what did Jake get Renesmee?” I asked her, “he made her a bracelet and she likes it” she said as we watched her with Ophelia, “that’s good. At least they’re having a good Christmas” I said as I watched them play, “yeah” she said and trailed off. Later that night, Bella had gone home with Edward and Renesmee since both of the girls were feeling tired and I brought Ophelia to bed, “mommy, can you read me a story?” she asked and I smiled, “what do you want me to read to you?” I asked her, “Romeo and Juliet” she said and I went to grab the book and began to read it to her until I noticed that she had fallen asleep and heard someone walk into the room and turned to see that it was Jasper, “how is she?” he asked as he knelt down next to me, “she’s asleep” I said to him as I looked back to her, “you’re scared” he said and I sighed, “yeah, not for me but for her” I said as I gently caressed her cheek, “me to. But for now we just have to hope for the best alright” he said and I nodded, “I know” I said before placing a kiss on Ophelia’s forehead, “goodnight my darling” I said to her before getting up and Jasper had done the same as he also whispered goodnight to her before we both left the room for the rest of the night.

It was the next day and everyone was getting ready for tomorrow as we would also be camping out tonight as well and I was making sure that I had everything ready for Ophelia and Seth before putting what I can in the Backpack and grabbing the sleeping bag for her as well before I walked out of the room to see Jasper occupying her until we had to leave. By the time we all made it to the campsite, both Bella and I had set up the Tent for the girls to sleep in and got everything ready and later that night, both Bella and I were in the tent with both Renesmee and Ophelia as everyone outside of the tent were doing their own thing and talking with one another as Seth was helping Jacob with the fire wood and I had shown Ophelia a Polaroid picture of both Jasper and I and she smiled, “you remind me so much of your father you know that” I said to her and she giggled a little bit as she grabbed the picture from my hand and looked at it for a while as Bella had talked with Renesmee, “I love you mom” she said to me, “I love you to. More than anything and your dad and I aren’t going to let anyone hurt you ok” I said to her and I noticed a tear slip down her cheek, “it’s alright.” I said to her and I noticed Bella looking and she smiled a little and both Bella and I hugged our daughter’s close to us as they both had fallen asleep that night. 

Jasper’s P.O.V
I was standing in the distance with Edward as Vladimir and Stefan told their side of the story about how the Volturi had taken their place and I watched Venus and Ophelia as they both cuddled with one another so I wasn’t exactly paying attention to what they others were saying until Carlisle walked up to Edward and I, “I can’t help thank you. All these people have put themselves in danger because we fell in love with a couple of humans” Edward said and I couldn’t blame him since I had felt the same way about the situation, “I agree with him on that one” I said to them, “you both found your mates. You two deserve to be happy” Carlisle said and I couldn’t help but think otherwise, “but at what cost” Edward said, “to be honest, I was beginning to think what it would have been like if she hadn’t met me that day” I mentioned, “everyone here has something to fight for. I certainly do” Carlisle said and I looked over to Venus and Ophelia as I thought about how much they both meant to me, “Carlisle, I never thanked you. For this extraordinary life” Edward said, “neither did I, for helping me” I said to him and he looked at the both of us and patted both of our backs before both Venus and Bella walked out of the tent and walked over to Edward and I and when they did, both Bella and Edward walked away as they stayed close to the tent to keep an eye on Renesmee, “what’s wrong?” she asked me, “nothing” I answered her and she cocked an eyebrow, “what’s wrong?” she asked again and I sighed, “I don’t want to lose you, the both of you. I don’t know what I'd do with myself if anything happened to both of you if you both got hurt, or worse” I told her and she rested her hands on my cheeks and I rested mine over them, “you’re never gonna lose us. Besides, you can’t get rid of us that easily” she said with a light chuckle and I smiled a little, “I love you Jazz. more than anything and I’m glad that I get to spend forever with you” she said and rested our foreheads together, “I love you darlin. I will always love you, forever” I said to her before we shared a passionate kiss. 

After a while, both Venus and I went to check on Ophelia to see that she was still sleeping next to Renesmee as both Seth and Jacob were in their wolf forms as they both slept as well as they laid on either side of the tent before heading over to the others as they had continued to stand by the fire and talk amongst one another until the sun was starting to rise and I looked down at Venus and I can feel her become nervous and worried now that the day was finally here for us to face the Volturi and hope that this ends better than we were all thinking and not having to start a fight and both Venus and I were brought out of our thoughts when Ophelia ran up to me and hugged me tightly and I hugged her back as I kissed the top of her head, “are we going to die daddy?” she asked and I knelt down to see her better, “no we aren’t. I promise you that nothing bad will ever happen to you but if something does go the wrong way, you’ll have to leave with Uncle Seth promise me and your mother that you will no matter what happens to us” I said to her and she was on the verge of crying, “but I don’t want to leave you daddy” she said as a tear slipped from her eye, “I know darlin but promise us that you will when something doesn’t go right and that you will listen to Seth” I said to her and she eventually nodded and hugged me again but tighter this time and I looked over at Venus to see that she was also upset about this and she came over to join the hug, “we both love you so much ok. Never forget that” Venus said until I noticed Julia and Bree standing there and Venus looked over to see them as well, “it’s time to go” Bree said and we nodded, “come on now Ophelia” Venus said and helped her put on her backpack and held onto both mine and Venus’s hand as we all headed for the large clearing.