Chapter Seven

Venus’s P.O.V
Another week of school had gone by and it was now another weekend and I was hanging out with my mom in the living room until we both heard a knock on the door and I got up to see who it was and saw that it was Jasper as I opened the door and let him in, “hey, what’s up?” I asked him, “hey Jasper. How are you dear?” my mom asked after, “I’m doing well Ma’am. How are you?” he answered and my mom smiled as she got up from the couch, “I am well thank you” she answered him, “anyways, I wanted to ask if it would be alright if Venus wanted to come and play Baseball with me and my family today?” Jasper asked her, “sure, that is alright with me” my mom said to him and I went to grab my Jacket and put on my shoes before heading back downstairs and soon walking out the door after saying goodbye to my mom before we had finally gotten in the car and drove off to the field. By the time we got there, everyone was getting ready and talking about who was going to bat first and what not as Jasper and I walked up to them, “Venus, you made it” Alice said as she came up to me and hugged me, “Hey Alice” I said as we moved away from the hug and Esme had walked up to me and hugged me as well until we had noticed someone drive up and saw that it was Bella and Edward as they walked up to us just before they had decided to start the game and Alice was the one who would be pitching the ball and I stood with Jasper until it was his turn to bat and throughout the game, I was amazed at how they did it, “OUT. Babe come one, it’s just a game” Emmett said to Rose  before she got up and pretty much gave Bella a death glare before the game continued. 

After some time had gone by the game was still going on until Alice had shouted, “stop” she said and everyone gathered together, “what is it?” I asked Jasper, “I don’t know, but I think it’s the vampires that have been killing in the area” he answered before Carlisle told us to stop, “Jasper, don’t bother right now” he said as we stopped walking, “just stay with me and you’ll be fine” he told me before walking back to the others and I just stayed behind Jasper the entire time as three people came out from the tree line, “I believe this belongs to you” the man in the middle said holding up the ball before throwing the ball to Carlisle as he caught it, “thank you” Carlisle said, “I am Laurent. And this is Victoria, and James.” Laurent said to us introducing the two people standing on either side of him, “I’m Carlisle. This is my family” he said to the trio and I held onto Jasper’s hand a little tighter, “Hello.” Laurent said, “I’m afraid your hunting activities have caused something of a mess for us.” Carlisle told them, “our apologies. We didn’t realize the territory had been claimed” Laurent said, “yes, well, we maintain a permanent residence nearby” Carlisle told them, “really. Well, we won’t be a problem anymore. We were just passing through.” Laurent said, surprised at first, “the humans were tracking us, but we led them east. You should be safe,” Victoria said to Carlisle, “excellent” Carlisle answered, “so, could you use three more players?” Laurent asked and there was a moment of silence before he spoke up again, “oh come on. Just one game” Laurent asked again, “sure. Why not. A few of us were leaving. You could take their place. We’ll bat first” Carlisle said giving in as he soon threw the ball, “I’m the one with the wicked curve ball” Victoria said catching it, “well I think we can handle that” Jasper said the her and everyone got excited and I felt some sort of relief as we walked away but when I felt the breeze and my slight fear came back again when everyone rushed back and both Bella and I were behind Esme, “the girls are with us. I think it best if you leave” Carlisle said, “I can see the game is over. We’ll go now, James” Laurent said as he slowly backed away along with James and Victoria, “get Bella and Venus out of here. Go” Carlisle said to Jasper and Edward, and the four of us had gotten into the cars that were here and had gone our separate ways and Jasper had driven me to my house, “what are you going to tell your mother?” Jasper asked me as he drove, “I don’t know. I might tell her that I’m sleeping over or something. He won’t suspect a thing” I said knowing that she would believe me, “do you think that she’ll let you?” he asked and I nodded, “yeah she will. I’m sure she will. She seems to like you guys” I said as we finally made it to my place and soon walked in, “hey sweetie. Did you have fun?” my mom asked and I smiled, “yeah, it was great. I was wondering if I could sleep over. Jasper’s sister’s Alice and Rose were asking if I wanted to go earlier during the game?” I asked her hoping that she would say yes, “yes of course you can sweetie. Just let me know when you get there alright so I know your safe” she said with a smile and I went upstairs to see Jasper was there already, “she said yes so she thinks that I’ll be at your place spending the night” I told him as he helped me pack a bag, “good. We’re going to try and lead James away from both you and Bella while the both of you go with Alice and Marcus, but I don’t know where they will be taking you yet and won’t know until we get back to my place” Jasper said as we were finishing up and made sure that I had everything I had and needed before I kissed him before leaving my room and heading downstairs, “bye mom. See you later” I told her as I gave her a hug hoping that James wouldn't come here before walking out the door, “Have fun sweetie” I heard her say and I waved to her as Jasper pulled out of the driveway and left.