Chapter Ten: New Moon

Venus’s P.O.V
It was now our Senior year and has been for about a month now and before school even started back up again Alice had kept talking about how excited she was about Bella’s birthday and that she planned on having a small party for her back at their place. By the time I had gotten to school, I was hanging out with Mike and the others for a bit in the Parking lot before Bella pulled into a spot next to us, “today’s the big day Bella. Uh R and J essay due” Jessica said not long after Bella had gotten out of her truck, “oh yeah” she said remembering, “wherefore art thou, Bella?” Mike said and I laughed a little, “let me take a picture of you guys. My mom wants me to put together, like, a big scrapbook full of Memories.” Bella told us and the five of us were huddling together before Angela tried to keep herself out of the picture, “I take them. I’m not in them” she mentioned, “oh come on Angie '' I said before Eric brought her back in, “No, no, no. come here” Eric said, “you’ll photoshop this if my nose looks big right?” Jessica said to Bella, “don’t worry I’m in the picture. No one will be looking at you guys'' Eric said and I chuckled, “sure they will'' I said smiling as Bella took the picture before we noticed Edward pull into a parking spot, “oh good” Eric spoke up, “Cullen’s here” Mike said finishing the sentence and we all waved at Bella after she had noticed that he was here and not long after, I had seen Jasper and I soon walked up to him with a smile on my face before I kissed him, “morning Darlin. How are you doing” he asked and I sighed, “good morning and not too bad, how about you” I said to him, “I’m doing alright” he answered as we both walked inside and soon met up with Alice, “hey Venus. How are you?” she asked and I smiled, “doing pretty good. How about you?” I said and she continued to smile, “I’m good” she answered before we all noticed Bella with Edward, “Bella” Alice called out as she jumped over the railing and both Jasper and I just casually walked down the steps before stopping, “Happy Birthday” we heard Alice say to Bella as she gave her a hug as the both of them continued to talk, “I thought I said no Presents” Bella mentioned, “I’ve already seen you open it, and guess what? You’ll love it. You’re going to wear it tonight. Our place” Alice told her as Bella looked like she wanted otherwise, “come on, please? It’ll be fun” Alice begged and I chuckled and Bella gave in and agreed to go, “ok, alright, I’ll go” Bella said and Alice got excited, “Great. Okay, I’ll see you at Seven” Alice told her before turning to Jasper, Marcus and I and walking toward us, “Jasper. No fair with the mood control thing” Bella said and I laughed a little, “sorry Bella. Happy…. Never mind.” Jasper said as he caught himself before we walked away and headed to class, “she doesn't seem to like her birthday very much” I mentioned to them as we walked into our first class together, “well there’s nothing we can really do to change her mind” Jasper said as we sat near the back of the room and I sighed, “I know, I don’t blame her tough. Not everyone likes their birthdays and it could for a number of reasons” I mentioned as I felt Jasper wrap an arm around me as the both of us sat there paying attention to the teacher as they taught the class.

By the time school was finally over for the day, I had gotten a text from my mother saying that she was here and waiting for me out front and I had gone to my locker to grab my things before Jasper came up behind me and scared me, “jees Jazz. you scared me” I said letting out a heavy sigh, “sorry Ma’am. Do you need a ride home?” he said and I shook my head, “no, I’m alright. My mom just texted me saying that she was out front” I told him as we both walked toward the exit, “well do you want me to come and get you later for Bella’s party?” he asked and I nodded, “sure” I said to him before we made it outside and saw my mother waiting for me, “well. I’ll see you later alright” I said and he smirked and nodded, “alright. See you when I pick you up later” Jasper said before kissing me and walked away and I walked up to the car and got in, “hey sweetie. How was your day?” my mom asked, “it was good. Alce is throwing a birthday Party for Bella and asked me to come tonight. Is it alright if I go?” I asked her as we drove away, “for sure. And when you see Bella then, tell her I said happy birthday” my mom said and I nodded, “alright. I will'' I said and we later made it home and I went upstairs to do some homework before I got changed for when Jasper picks me up soon. Not long after I had finished getting ready and getting my things together, I heard a knock on my door and I went downstairs to see that my mom had already let Jasper in and I smiled, “hey” I said as I made it down the stairs, “hey darlin, you ready to go?” he asked and I nodded and I hugged my mom, “have fun sweetie” she said before Jasper and I left and headed to his place and by the time we got there, Alice had rushed up to me and hugged me, “I’m so glad you could make it” she said to me and I smiled before rushing back to the others and making sure everything was alright before heading upstairs as I stood with Jasper and Alice later came back down with Bella and Edward, “sorry about this. We tried to rein Alice in” Carlisle told Bella before Esme went in for a hug before Alice had taken a picture, “I found it in your bag. Do you mind?” she said and Bella let her, “dating an older woman. Hot” Emmett said and I laughed a little before Rose was the first to hand Bella one of her presents, “it’s a necklace. Alice picked it out” Rose told her as Alice dragged Edward next to Bella, “show me the love” she said taking a picture of the both of them, “this one’s from Emmett'' Alice said handing Bella a box before she looked at Emmett after shaking it a little, “already installed it in your truck.finally a decent sound system for that piece of-'' he began to say before Bella cut him off, “hey, don’t… don’t hate the truck” Bella said and we all laughed a little, “open Esme and Carlisle’s” Alice said handing Bella another present, “just a little something to brighten your day.” Carlisle spoke up, “yes, you’ve been looking kind of pale lately” Esme said as Bella began to open it until she got a paper cut on her finger and I looked at Jasper and I can tell her was trying to hold it in but it didn’t last long as he went for Bella and before Edward had pushed him back, I felt someone grab my arm and pull me towards them and saw that it was Esme and Jasper had landed on the Piano and before Jasper was able to get to Bella again, both Emmett and Carlisle were able to restrain him.

Not long after Jasper calmed down a little, I walked up to Jasper and tried to get him to look at me, “hey, hey. Look at me, look at me. It’s ok” I said before looking behind me to see Bella’s arm was almost covered in blood, “Get Jasper out of here” I heard Carlisle say to Emmett before he rushed over to Bella, “I-I’m sorry” I said before walking out to see Jasper and as I was about to walk up to him but instead, he took a few steps back, “don’t come near me. I don’t want to hurt you” he said as I felt myself tear up a little before he ran off and noticed someone walk up next to me and I turned to see that it was Edward, “I’ll go talk to him. I can hear what he’s thinking and He’s just upset and scared. He’s mostly scared that he might end up doing the same to you” Edward said before he sped off along with Emmett and I soon felt a tear slip down my cheek and I was brought out of my daze when I felt someone rest their hand on my shoulder, “he’ll be alright Venus. Like Carlisle said, he’s never been away from Human blood for as long as the rest of us” I heard Esme say and I just nodded before the both of us went back inside and I sat down in a nearby chair and began to think to myself for a while as I became worried for Jasper as the others mumbled to themselves. I was again brought out of my thoughts when I noticed Bella walk in front of me, “are you alright?” I asked her and she nodded, “yeah I’m fine. You know, I don’t blame Jasper for what happened earlier” she said and I just nodded, “I know, neither do I actually but I know that he’s probably beating himself up about it and my mom says happy birthday by the way” I said to her and the both of us continued to talk for a bit before I decided to go on the porch for a bit to get some air.    

Jasper’s P.O.V  
After running off and leaving Venus standing there, I had grown angry with myself at what had just happened as I punched every tree that was near me until Emmett and Edward came up to me, “what?” I asked them, “Venus is worried about you” Emmett said, “he’s right Jasper. Her head was pretty much filled with worry” Edward said after, “why should someone like her be worried about a monster like me” I said as anger was still rising, “because she loves you man” Emmett said and I stopped moving, “Jasper. I know she doesn’t think that way of you no matter how much you think so” Edward told me, but I knew he was right about it, I knew they were both right, “I’m scared to even touch her now because of what she had to see just then” I whispered but I knew they heard me, “and she will understand” Emmett said as I turned back around to face them both, “are you ready to go back to the house” Edward asked and I just nodded and the three of us rushed back and I saw Venus standing on the porch, “we’ll leave you two alone” Edward said as both himself and Emmett walked into the house and both Venus and I stared at each other before she ran up to me and hugged me and I was hesitant at first but I hugged her back, “I’m sorry” I said to her as I held her in my arms, “sorry about what?” she asked as I moved back to face her, “that you had to see that” I said and she gently moved some hair away from my face before resting her hands on my cheeks and I kissed the palm of her hand, “it wasn’t your fault and Bella thinks the same” she told me and I sighed, “but-” I began to say before she cut me off, “no but’s, she’s fine, she’s alive so stop beating yourself up about this. Please?” she said and our foreheads pressed together, “I don’t know how she does it” I heard Esme say and I smiled a little as I took a glance to see everyone looking at us and Venus had done the same wondering what I was looking at and she giggled a little, “are you going to be alright?” she asked me and I sighed and just nodded, “I think so” I told her before we both headed back inside to see that Edward had taken Bella home for the night and I had done the same and had decided to take Venus back to her place as well, “do you want me to leave my window tonight” she asked me and I thought about it for a second, “sure” I said as I pulled into the driveway and walked her to the door before I gently placed a kiss before she walked inside and I parked the car somewhere else before climbing through Venus’s window not long after to see that she was already asleep and I gently got into bed and laid down next to her and she soon cuddled closer to me and I held her all night as I thought about everything that had happened earlier today.