Chapter Thirteen

Venus’s P.O.V
For about another week or so of fixing the bikes that Bella had gotten from the Junkyard and having a few laughs here and there, the Bikes were finally done, “so, Quil kept asking to come over. I think he likes you two a little too much” Jacob told us as the three of us left the shed, “oh. Well I’m not really into the whole cougar thing, you know? And I’m sure Venus isn’t either” Bella mentioned and I just shook my head, “yeah, not really” I spoke up, “what’s up with you and age? I mean how old were those Two Cullen guys anyways?” he asked us and I let out a sigh, “not much older than us and besides, I don’t know if she really wants to talk about it to be honest” I said knowing Bella didn’t want to talk about it as we made it to her truck and hoping that he doesn’t ask anything else on the matter and we both got in the truck and said goodbye to Jacob, “you alright?” I asked her  wondering, “yeah I’m fine, I just didn’t expect him to bring it up” she mentioned and I nodded, “ok, you know, you can always call me or anything like that if you want to talk about it” I told her and she smiled a little, “Thanks Venus, I’ll let you know about it” she said and I nodded. Not long after I had made it home that night, all I felt worried about Bella a little bit since she took it a little harder than I did when Jasper and Edward had left with their family and that the only difference was that I still got to see Jasper but I only saw him once since he left with his family and I was soon brought out of my thoughts when I heard something coming from outside an I went over to the window to see Jasper standing there and I quickly opened the window so that he could come inside, “I didn’t think you’d come back to be honest” I said as he made it inside, “I know, Carlisle wanted me to come as little as possible” he said and I nodded, “you know I feel bad for Bella that she doesn’t get to see Edward like I get to see you” I mentioned and he just hugged me, “I know but that’s Edwards choice” he said as I looked up to face him and kissed him, “I missed you” I said as we broke away from the kiss and rested our foreheads together, “I’ve missed you to” he said and the both of us just relaxed on the bed and talked about what’s been going on lately until I had fallen asleep that night.

It has been about another week or so since we had finished the other bike and I was sitting in between Bella and Jacob in her truck as she drove to where they were going to test them until Jacob had spoken up, “if I told you if I couldn’t fix these bikes, what would you have said?” he asked Bella wondering, “are you doubting your mad skills?” she asked and I chuckled a little, “no. definitely not. I mean they’ll run fine. It’s just, uh, maybe if I was smart, I would have dragged out the rebuild a bit” he said and I was confused for a second and before I was about to say something, Bella had spoken up, “if you told me you couldn’t fix these bikes, I would say that that’s really to bad, but that we’re just gonna have to find something else to do.” she said, “I would have to agree with her on that one” I mentioned and he nodded with a smirk on his face and laughed a bit until Bella pointed something out, “is that Sam Uley?” she asked as she pointed, “yeah. Him and his cult” Jacob answered as the group of boys were on the cliff, “are they cliff jumping or something?” I wondered just before one of them was pushed off the cliff and Bella quickly stopped the truck and got out, “did you see that?” she asked us and we got out of the truck as well and followed her, “they’re not really fighting Bella. Venus is right, they’re cliff diving. Scary as hell but a total rush” he reassured her as the other guys began jumping off as well, “a rush” we heard her say, “most of us jump from lower down. We leave the showing off to Sam and his disciples” Jacob told her and I just thought to myself as Jacob had thought of Sam and the others as a cult, but I remembered what Harry had told me about them and what they really were as I promised to keep their secret of being wolves from Jacob for know as I have a feeling about him as well for some reason.

After getting back into the truck after I was brought out of my daze of thinking, I heard Jacob speak up, “so, you looked like you were thinking about something. What was it?” he asked and I sighed, “just stuff that I had on my mind. Nothing really important though to be honest” I said to him with a small sigh, “alright then.” he said before we had finally made it to the spot to ride the bikes and Bella had soon gotten on one of the bikes not long after we had gotten out of the truck, “you look scared” Jacob mentioned, “I’m not.” she said to him, “alright. Brake. Clutch. Gas” he said showing her where they were and the bike started up and I felt worried since I didn’t know whether or not she had driven a bike before, “ready?” Both Jacob and I asked her, “Now slowly release the clutch'' he said as he backed away and stood next to me and the bike had jerked forward, “everything alright?” I asked her and she took a minute before nodding, “yeah are you alright?” Jacob asked as well and she nodded again, “I’m gonna go again” she said and both Jacob and I just looked at each other before looking back at Bella and she soon drove away, “I have a bad feeling about this'' I mentioned as we watched Bella, “you’re not the only one” he said to me and I sighed a little as we continued to watch her and we began to notice her swerving, “hit the break” both Jacob and I shouted at her until she had flown off the bike, “stay here” Jacob said as he got on the bike and went to Bella and I waited for them to come back and by the time they did, I saw blood on Bella’s head and I winced a little, “are you alright, you’re bleeding” I said and she nodded, “yeah I’ll be alright” she said before I helped with the bikes and covering them back up after Jacob had gotten them in the truck and soon dropped Jacob off at his place, “do you want me to drive. You look like you’re about to pass out or something” I asked her and she just looked at me, “you have a license?” she asked and I nodded, “yeah I do, neither my mom nor I haven’t had the money to get another car for myself” I told her and she got into the passenger side and I drove back to Bella’s place.

By the time we got there I made sure Bella got inside, “Bella, what happened?” her dad asked her as he probably noticed some dried blood on her head, “about that um. We were helping Jake with a couple of bikes and today we had gone to take them out for a test drive kind of thing and she wanted to try it out and ended up flying off the bike after hitting the break and hitting her head off a rock” I told Charlie expecting him to say something to me about it but didn’t, “Bella, what were you thinking” he said to her and she just sighed, “I thought I would try it out” she told him and he let out a heavy sigh himself, “I hope you didn’t drive conscoins ordering what you just told me” he said wondering, “well I drove Jacob home and Venus offered to drive here” Bella mentioned and Charlie looked at me and nodded, “thanks for that Venus, I appreciate it. Do you need a ride home or something?” he asked and I shook my head, “no it’s alright. I was thinking of calling my mom” I said to him and he nodded and I hung out with Bella for a bit before my mom got here to pick me up and I later went home that night after saying goodbye to Bella. By the time we made it back home, I hung out with my mother for a bit as I soon helped her with making dinner for the both of us as we also had a few laughs here and there, “so how was your day sweetie?” my mom asked as we were finishing the cooking, “it was alright. How was your’s?” I said back as I grabbed plates from the cupboard and setting them on the counter, “the diner was a bit busier today but other than that it was alright” she said as we soon grabbed our food and sat down to eat, “that’s good” I said to her and we continued to talk as we ate until we were done and we both decided to get into something comfy and watch a movie together for the night until we had decided to go to bed later that night.