Chapter Twenty Three

Venus’s P.O.V
It was the next day and I had woken up in Jasper’s arms and I smiled a little until I remembered the events of the night before, “everything will be alright. I promise” I heard Jasper say and I sat up, “I hope so” I said before the both of us decided to get out of bed and I had gotten changed before heading downstairs to see that the News was on and the both of us sat down on the couch, “hey V, how are you feeling?” I heard Emmett ask and I shrugged, “I don’t know to be honest” I told him before looking at the T.V. “Seattle is in a state of terror. Police are baffled by the escalating Murders and Disappearances, theories range from from a vicious new Gang to a wildly active Cereal Killer. Reporting Live,-” the new reporter said before Carlisle turned the T.V off, “it’s getting worse. We might have to do something” Carlisle said, putting the remote down, “it takes more than one of our kind to cause the damage they’re reporting. Quite a few more, their undisciplined, conspicuous,” Jasper mentioned after Edward had come into the room with Bella, “it’s NewBorns.” Edward said to us and I was a bit confused, “what, you mean like, new Vampires?” Bella asked, “in the first few months after the change” Edward began to say, “that’s where we’re at our most Uncontrollable, Vicious, Insane with thirst.” Jasper continued before Emmett spoke up, “something to look forward to” Emmett said, “no one’s trained these Newborns, but this isn’t random.” Jasper said, “someone’s creating an army and whoever it is could have taken Venus’s mother as well” Carlisle said and I felt like crying again at just the thought of it, “well now we’re definitely going to Seattle” Emmett said as he got off the couch, “an army of Vampires” Bella spoke up as if it wasn’t she didn’t want to believe, “well they’ve been created to fight someone” Jasper said as I held his hand a little tighter, “we’re the only clan even close to Seattle” Edward mentioned, “regardless to why they were made if we don’t put a stop to them, the Volturi will. I’m surprised they’ve let it go on for this long” Carlisle said, “maybe they’re behind it. In Italy, I read Aro’s mind. He wants me and Alice to join him and maybe even Venus because I saw the Vision Alice had shown him and she will possess an ability if or when she becomes one of us. But he knows we will never choose him as long as our family is still alive” Edward mentioned to us, “an army could solve that for him” Jasper said and I could see the anger in him and I gently caressed his hand to let him know that I’m not going anywhere and I can see him relax a little.

Later that day, after spending some time in the Living room for a while, Esme had come up to me and smiled, “how are you feeling today. Are you hungry at all?” she said and I sighed a little, “I could be better, and I guess I’m a little hungry” I said to her and she smiled again before she had gone into the Kitchen and I helped her a little, “I’m glad that I get to use the Kitchen a little more now that you’re here” she said and I smiled a little as we continued to cook. By the time we had finished cooking the food, I began to eat it and it was amazing, “how is it?” she asked me, “it’s good, really good. Thank you” I said to her and she continued to smile, “no problem Venus. Now you let me know if you need anything alright” she said and I nodded, “alright, thank you” I said before she hugged me and walked away and I was in the kitchen and began to think about what the others were talking about earlier about an Army of NewBorns and began to think that she might have become one of them now, I jumped out of my thought’s when I noticed Edward standing in front of me, “were you reading my mind or something?” I asked him and he chuckled a bit, “you can say that. I’m sorry to hear about your mother. Bella told me what happened earlier and to be honest, you and the others might be right that they could have taken her and changed her” he said and I nodded, “I just hope that she’s alright to be honest” I said to him as I finished the food, “I know you’re not the only one” he said and I just nodded before I got up from the chair and washed the dishes that I ate off of before drying and putting them away before going to see Jasper after talking with Edward for a little longer and throughout the day, Emmett tried cheering me up and it helped a little as it brought my mind off of my mom for a short while as he had succeeded in making me laugh as well.

Another day had gone by and I was sitting in the living room with Rose as she read the Newspaper before Edward had walked in with Bella next to him and he looked angry, “is everything alright?” I asked wondering as I stood up, “do you mind getting Carlisle, Bella hurt her wrist punching Jacob in the face earlier” Edward said and I rushed to get Carlisle who was in his office, “Carlisle, Bella needs you. Edward said she hurt her wrist earlier today” I told him and we both walked back to where the others are as he set down his bag and took out some bandages, “it’s just a sprain. It should heal fairly quickly” Carlisle told her, trying to walk and chew gum at the same time again Bella” Emmett said as he sat down, “I punched a Werewolf in the face” she said as she chuckled a bit, “well shit, I bet he deserved it somehow” I said before everyone looked at me, “what. What did he do?” I asked, “I’ll tell you later” Edward said and I shrugged as they continued to talk, “bad ass. You’re gonna be one tough little Newborn” Emmett said and I smiled a little, “tough enough to take you on” she said to him and I laughed until we all heard Rose drop the paper and walk out of the room and onto the balcony, “someone’s angry” I said, “don’t worry about it” Emmett said to Bella before Carlisle finished wrapping her wrist, “you should never say that about a woman, because when they’re angry, that anger is a whole different story” I said and he chuckled a bit until they started talking about what’s been going on, “got any leads?” Edward asked Jasper, “no sign of the intruder. But Victoria continues to make appearances” Jasper said and I sighed a bit, “and we still couldn’t find out where they could be keeping Venus’s mother either, for all we know she could be apart of this Newborn Army” Emmett said and I soon rushed to Jasper’s room and sat down the bed and began to feel tears running down my face.

After sometime had gone by, I hadn’t noticed Edward and Jasper come into the room until they both stood in front of me, “we know you’re worried but we’re trying and Emmett could be right about your mother” I heard Jasper say, “I can’t help but feel like it’s my fault that she might be a Vampire. She didn’t know about any of this, about you guys, about anything” I said fiddling with my fingers, “I think telling you why Bella punched Jacob in the face might cheer you up a bit” Edward spoke up, “and why did she?” I asked looking up, “she punched him because he tried to kiss her” he said and I went wide eyed before I chuckled a bit, “yeah I guess he did deserve that for doing so. At least she made an effort doing something about it” I said and he chuckled a bit and I had done the same and the three of us continued to talk before Alice walked into the room with Marcus, “hey Venus, how are you doing?” she asked me, “I could be better, everyone’s trying to cheer me up and it works for a short while before my mind goes back to my mom” I said to her as she walked over to us and hugged me, “everything will be alright in the end. I promise” she said to me, “I really hope so” I said to her before she moved away from the hug and we all hung out with everyone else for the rest of the day.

Julia’s P.O.V
I now know that Vampires exist and I have become one of them after a woman named Victoria had changed me, she had also explained to me and a few others what was going on before she had left and we were all feeding until we had heard something slam on the ground and saw that the boy named Riley had thrown a car door on the ground, “something’s coming. Something bigger than any of us alone. And if you can't control yourselves, we’re all going to die. What’s done is done just, clean up after yourselves” he said before everyone had continued to feed and I looked at the young girl next to me, “how are you feeling” I asked her, “I could be better. You know, it was my birthday when they took me” she mentioned and I felt bad for the girl, “oh, I’m so sorry to hear that sweetie. They took me from my home and I bet my daughter is worried sick about me” I told the girl, “you have a daughter?” she asked and I nodded, “yeah, she’s not much older than you” I said to her as I thought about Venus and how scared she must be, “what’s her name?” the girl asked me bringing me out of my thoughts, “her name is Venus” I told her and she smiled a bit, “I like that name and I don’t think we ever got around to introducing ourselves, my name is Bree Tanner” she said holding out her hand and I shook it, “my name is Julia white. Nice to meet you” I said to her, “you should probably feed. The boy didn’t seem to be happy just then” I said and she nodded nervously before the both of us continued to feed off of the Human and to be honest, I hated this, but I knew I had to if I wanted to survive.