1.18 | 𝗟𝗘𝗢𝗡!

✦༝┉┉┉˚**

✦༝┉┉┉˚**.☣ ♡ ☣.**˚┉┉┉༝✦

Amara and Leon made their way through the lab in silence, the automated voice continued to warn them of the self-destruct sequence but they carried on ignoring it. Finally, the duo had reached the bridge where the central elevator was; Ada limped towards them after hacking the elevator allowing them access. "I was just thinking about you," Leon called out to Ada while Amara strayed behind him, she was still hurting at his distrust in her after everything they had been through together.

"That makes two of us. I was getting worried," Ada replied as she limped towards Amara and Leon, she smirked slightly at Amara's glare before smiling seductively towards Leon. "Y'know we make a good team, but I gotta ask you something," Leon spoke as the building shook, debris fell from the ceiling as Amara furrowed her brows at Leon's words. "The way's clear. Please, tell me you got it," Ada replied walking down the steps, she was clearly deflecting.

"Oh, I got it," Leon told her before grabbing Amara's wrist and pulling her to stand behind him, a protective stance causing butterflies to form in Amara's stomach. "Let me verify the G sample and we'll all get the hell out of here," Ada told Leon noticing the action, she held her hand out to him with her gaze focused on Amara, Ada noticed the change in Amara's eyes. "Before we do that... I ran into Annette. She claims your not FBI," Leon expressed to Ada who had dropped her hand.

"Oh, Leon..." Ada breathed out as she shook her head, Amara's glare hardened on Ada. "Why couldn't you just hand over the sample?" Ada asked as she pulled her gun out and pointed it at Leon who had pulled Amara fully behind him. "Because I realised, as much as I wanted to trust you... I didn't. I trust Amara more," Leon answered as he pointed his own gun at Ada. "I really hoped it wouldn't end up like this," Ada expressed openly while Amara watched her closely.

"So that's all this was... I was just some pawn to you?" Leon asked her as he clenched his jaw realising that Amara was one of Ada's targets. "Look, I am just doing my job," Ada replied to Leon. "And I'm doing mine, so drop the damn gun!" Leon ordered. "I'm taking you in," Leon told her. "Hand over the sample and the girl, Leon," Ada instructed without backing down. "I don't wanna hurt you," Ada told him while Amara secretly reached for her own gun, she was willing to shoot Ada - after all, Amara's not a cop.

The bridge collapsed behind Leon and Amara, the former quickly pulled Amara into him to stop her from falling as the three of them steadied themselves. "Then you shoot me, but I don't think you can," Leon told her as he lowered his gun. "Leon!" Amara scolded but Leon grabbed her wrist and shook his head at her before looking at Ada. Amara's heart pounded in her chest as Ada smirked before she went to pull on the trigger, Amara raised her gun and shot Ada in the shoulder causing her to stumble back.

Amara moved in front of Leon and glared at the mercenary, "I don't care who you are, bitch. You ever try and hurt Leon again and I'll have you begging for your death." Ada looked up at Amara as Leon stood silent, he wasn't sure how to react despite the obvious; Amara's protectiveness was quite hot. Suddenly, the bridge shook before it began collapsing further, Ada smirked as she fell before grabbing Amara's ankle and pulling her down with her.

"Amara!" Leon called as he fell to the ground and reached out for her hand. Ada held Amara's ankle as they both dangled off the side of the bridge while Leon tried to help Amara. As Leon attempted to pull Amara up, the G-sample fell from his pocket causing Ada to smirk before looking up at them. "One prize is good enough," Ada told them before she let go off Amara's ankle and fell. "Amara..." Leon breathed out as the bridge shook.

"Go Leon!" Amara warned him as her hand began to slip but Leon shook his head and reached down with his other hand. "I'm not leaving you behind, Amara. I won't," Leon told her before using all of his strength to pull her back up onto the bridge. Amara stumbled into Leon's arms as the bridge shook, he pulled her away from the edge before the two rushed over to the central elevator and stepped into it. "Why would you risk your life?!" Amara scolded once they were moving.

"I wasn't going to leave you behind Amara," Leon told her as he checked his weapons and supplies as his mind went crazy with thoughts. "You could've died, Leon!!" Amara shouted at him with an annoyed sigh. She was thankful he saved her, her heart was warm at the knowledge he risked his own life to save her but she didn't feel good knowing he could've died saving her. "But I didn't," Leon told her with a sigh, he turned to look at her.

"That isn't the point, Leon! It was a risky situation and while I'm grateful for you saving me, you could've died and then what?! I'd be alone in a world where the only person I trusted with my heart was dead and-" Amara's rant was cut off by Leon's lips on her own. Leon kissed Amara with so much fire and passion, she felt weak in the knees as fireworks exploded within her chest. Amara's arms wrapped around Leon's shoulders as he held her waist, pulling her as close as possible.

After a minute, Leon pulled away leaving both of them panting as they leaned their foreheads against each other. "I didn't want a world without you in it, Amara," Leon whispered to her, both of them had their eyes closed as they memorised the moment. "Is this what falling in love feels like?" Amara breathed out causing Leon to smile. "I believe it is," Leon answered before he kissed her again, this time is was softer and spoke a thousand words.

✦༝┉┉┉˚**.☣ ♡ ☣.**˚┉┉┉༝✦

THEY KISSED?!

Mel xo