CHAPTER SIXTEEN, the 'l' word

Everything was going good

Everything was going good. Until it wasn't. Everybody was full on panic mode, searching for Ricky's harness. It was missing and no one could find it which wasn't good because the transformation scene was next and Tabitha wasn't for sure how long the orchestra can stall. 

"How can we not find a harness?" Maeve questions with her voiced laced with confusion. She looks through some boxes with fhrrowed eyebrows. "It shouldn't be this hard to find."

"Yeah," Tabitha agrees from her place beside Maeve since she was looking in the same boxes she was. "This is ridiculous."

"You guys, the orchestra hasn't vamped this long since 'Bop To The Top'." Carlos explained.

"I know it's here," Natalie affirms. "I preset it."

Miss Jenn rushes into the backstage area where everyone was at. "What's wrong?" 

"My harness is missing." Ricky responded.

"The new one for the transformation." Ashlyn added.

"What?" A panicked look forms on Miss Jenn's face. "No, no, this can't be happening."

"It was here." Natalie pointed at the box in front of her.

"What else can I use?" Ricky asked.

"Oh, for heaven's sake, can't you just jump off something high?" Miss Jenn ordered. Everyone stopped what they were doing, gasped, and looked at her in disbelief.

Tabitha and Maeve share a shocked look and Tabitha glances at Ricky with a frown, seeing that he looked hurt at what Miss Jenn said which was understandable. She couldn't believe Miss Jenn said that. Yes, she along with everyone else was under pressure but that didn't mean Miss Jenn had the right to say something like that. 

"Nope. Forget I said that...." Miss Jenn looks apologetic and she's speaking in a shaky tone. "I will be not here." She immediately walked away and everyone continued to search for the harness.

"I knew something would go wrong." Ricky confessed.

"I remember seeing it here." Maeve said, pointing at the box Natalie pointed at earlier.