CHAPTER FOUR, solo auditions, cast list & slicers

Before anyone knew it, it was time for the solo auditions

Before anyone knew it, it was time for the solo auditions. While everyone was out in the hallway after the group warm-ups, going over the song they had prepared, Tabitha was trying everything to calm down and not be so nervous. She tried breathing excersies, closing her eyes and counting to ten, you name it and she probably tried it. So far nothing worked and it waa aggrivating her.

"Hi, you're Tabitha, right?"

Maeve had been reassuring Tabitha everything was gonna be alright when she was interrupted. The two best friends looked over in the direction they heard the familiar voice from and when she saw it was the blonde-haired girl from lunch the smile on Tabitha's face fell for a quick second before she quickly forced it to stay.

"Yeah, I am." Tabitha exchange a confused glance with Maeve before they both look at the blonde girl. "Um, can I help you with anything?"

"Oh, I'm Lily." The blonde-haired girl introduces herself, sticking her hand out for Tabitha to shake.

Tabitha reluctantly shakes her hand, chuckling nervously at the tight grip Lily had. She didn't think she could be intimidated by someone because of their handshake but here she was. "You got a tight grip there."

Lily just smiles at her, pulling her hand away seconds later. "Thanks. By the way, your sets last semester for HSM were specular." She tilts her head to the side, raising her eyebrows. "You're making the sets for this play, right?"

"Um," Tabitha glances at Maeve with nervous eyes and Maeve sent her an encouraging smile. Part of Maeve wanted to step in and help Tabitha but she knew Tabitha needed to learn to stick up for herself and be more confident with herself. "No, actually. I'm-I'm not." She looks back at Lily with a small smile. "I'm trying out for the play."

"Oh?" Lily raises her eyebrows. "Well," She smiles. "Then I guess good luck with that stage fright of yours."

As Lily turns around to head back to the auditorium, Tabitha furrows her eyebrows. "How'd you know I have stage fright?"

Lily stops, turning to face her. She purses her lips together, shaking her head. "It was obvious."

Hearing that didn't help her feel any better. Tabitha slowly nodded, faking a smile and awkwardly waved goodbye at her while Lily turned back around and continued walking back to the auditorium.