CHAPTER SIX, being ignored & busted lip

"Wait, so I was right?" Maeve asks Tabitha while they walk out of the school at the end of the day

"Wait, so I was right?" Maeve asks Tabitha while they walk out of the school at the end of the day. Maeve grins. "So this is what it feels like to be right."

Tabitha just told her about what Gina did in practice and she told her how she told Nini that Gina was the one who took her phone. Nini was so relieved that someone knew where her phone was and was thankful Tabitha told her.

"Yeah, you were." Tabitha responds. "I also told Nini about what happened."

"That's a good thing to do." Maeve smiled.

Tabitha suddenly stopped her walking when she noticed EJ's car parked out front and saw he was talking with Ashlyn. She also noticed he had Nini's phone.

Maeve didn't know she stops which causes her to accidentally bump into her. Maeve tilts her head to the side, starting at Tabitha with confusion. "Okay, why did you stop suddenly?"

Tabitha didn't say anything and just nodded her head in the direction where EJ is at. Maeve looked in front of them, her eyes widening. It looked like the cousins were having a heated conversation and it ended with Ashlyn getting out of his car angrily.

Ashlyn starts walking away, and Tabitha didn't even realize she was jogging over to Ashlyn until she was standing in front of the red-haired girl. "Ashlyn, hey!"

Ashlyn's anger subsided a bit at seeing her and a small smile forms on her face. "Hi, Tabitha."

"I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out with me and Mae." Tabitha offered, glancing over at Maeve to make sure she was okay with it.

Maeve nods, looking at Ashlyn with a smile when the redhead looked over at her. Tabitha takes a quick glance at EJ in his car, frowning when she noticed it seemed like he was upset. She looks back at Ashlyn with a smile when she speaks. "Yeah," Ashlyn smiles. "I would love to."

****

Later that night, the three girls are having a high school musical marathon at Maeve's house since Tabitha's parents were home and Tabitha didn't want Ashlyn to find out her parents fight all the time.

"Okay, so I know it might be weird with me talking about your cousin," Tabitha speaks up, looking over to her right where Ashlyn sat on a bean bag chair beside her. "But I just want to know why it seems like he's been ignoring me lately."

"That's because he's an idiot." Ashlyn said causing Tabitha and Maeve to laugh.

"On some level, that might be true." Tabitha slightly agrees with her. "When I tried talking to him in class today, he pretended like he didn't hear me."

Ashlyn sighs, knowing the real reason why EJ has been ignoring Tabitha is because he's starting to get feelings for her and he doesn't want anyone to find that out since he's with Nini. "Things are just complicated for him lately. I promise you he doesn't hate you if that makes you feel any better."