Chapter 29. Realization

Start from the beginning

"You reject my advances; you don't find me attractive?" He flexes his muscles while chuckling.

I laugh.

Just as I was about to say something snarky, the door swings open to reveal a red headed woman.

She looks familiar.

"Boy am I happy to see you two." She sighs.

"Lauren, Bria had an accident." Rick informs which causes her head to turn in my direction concerningly.

"What happened? Are you okay?" She walks towards me.

I still can't figure her out. Her hair and name, I know it, but at the same time I don't.

"Remember how I told you she was fighting at Fools Hope?" Rick asks.

She nods her head.

"Some girl hit her in the back of the head. That place has no rules, if it did then that girl wouldn't have ever been able to fight again. She uh...lost her memory. She doesn't remember much."

"You don't remember anything?" Lauren asks.

I shake my head as my eyes drop to my feet. I wish I could remember.

Lauren's arms wrap around my shoulders.

"What's the last thing you remember?" She asks quietly. As if she was afraid of the answer.

"Daisy's eighteenth birthday party." I admit.

She drops her arms from around my shoulders.

"Well, I have a shit ton of things to catch you up then, don't I?" She smiles.

I sit with Lauren on the bed with Rick on the other side and she tells me everything.

She tells me how her and I met, where Daisy is living, that Daisy is in Greece and that's why we're here, how her and I think she had something to do with my dad's murder, and why we think she had something to do with it.

It still isn't clicking with me though. Lauren said I was so sure of it before but now...it just feels wrong.

"Can I see the pictures now?" I ask Rick. I need more. I need to see the evidence to believe it.

Rick pulls out a folder and slides it towards me.

With shaky hands, I open the pale-yellow folder. It's full of pictures. I grab the one straight off the top. Daisy is laying on the floor and my father is standing over her. She's just asleep, right? I toss it to the side and pull the second picture towards me. It's of Daisy, in this picture she's naked and a lot skinnier than I remember. Her whole body is covered in bruises. My stomach turns at the sight, so I throw it to the side. The next picture makes bile run up my throat. My father is standing behind Daisy, and he has a knife to her throat.

No. This, no.

I quickly throw the pictures onto the floor and run into the bathroom. As soon as I reach the toilet, I throw up all the contents in my stomach.

When I finally think I'm done, I return to the room and both Rick and Lauren turn towards me.

"This is the evidence that we needed. This gives her a motive, a reason to kill him." Lauren pesters.

"Look at her! She's nearly dead in all of these photos! I don't know who that man was. But he isn't my father." I yell.

Lauren jolts back at my tone.

My father, who I thought was a good man, who I thought saved people, hurt the person he never deserved to be hurt. She didn't deserve this!

My eyes betrayingly look at the pictures on the floor. A picture of my father forcibly cutting Daisy's beautiful long hair as she cries.

He was a monster...

My body collapses onto the hotel room floor.

"Bria?" Rick and Lauren say simultaneously.

My eyes pool with tears.

How could I have either thought that Daisy was the problem?

"What did I say to her?" I ask.

Lauren gives me sad eyes.

"We didn't know. We didn't know what happened to her. We both did some pretty fucked up things." She lets the last part out quietly.

My heart aches for my best friend, my sister.

"Is it too late?" I ask her.

"Is it to late for what?"

"To fix it." I shake.

"I don't know hun. We can try." She assures.

Thank you all for reading! Please remember to vote, comment, and follow!

I edited this update because I didn't like how I originally had it. I hope everyone still likes it though!

(Edited)