Diets

CW: this chapter talks about food, calories, and obviously diets. please skip if this might be triggering to you. stay safe and ily

When exercising it's good to get lots of protein in as proteins are what muscles are made of. I usually drink a protein shake. Proteins shakes are good for many reasons: 1. teenagers actually need more protein than adults because of growing, and especially if you're working out (this can help you grow more) 2. you basically get to drink a milk shake everyday.

You should at least drink a protein shake in the morning, some people also drink another an hour after they work out. You shouldn't drink more than two a day. I recommend a plant based one, you can mix it with dairy, oat, soy, almond, whatever kind of milk you like. For mixing I highly recommend getting a blender bottle!!

Make sure you are eating enough. Don't reduce your caloric intake more than 300 calories (on an average 2,000 calorie diet). You're burning a lot of calories while working out and while repairing muscle. Calories are good.

Focus more on what you eat rather than how much you eat. Intuitive eating is what i practice, which is basically where you eat a better balance of food (which depends on your goals—prioritize protein for muscle gain, or prioritize carbs and proteins for bulking) but if you crave something don't hold back. "cheating" isn't a thing because 1. you can eat whatever you want whenever you want any day, and 2. there is no such thing as "unhealthy food" all food creates energy, just focus on balance.

Drink! Water! I cant stress this enough! Water is so good for you! It's good for your skin! It's good for BO (body oder)! It's good for everything! Water is so important, especially if you're sweating a lot!!

Skip all of those popular fad diets. They're all really unhealthy for most people. If you do want to go on a diet consult your doctor and speak with a dietitian. They can help formulate a diet that works for you and your body while also making sure you stay healthy.