How Muscle Is Built

Everyone is born with muscle, to build muscle you stretch those preexisting muscles. What this does is create small micro tears in the muscle. For the next one to two days your body repairs those tears, in turn strengthening your muscle. That's why your body gets sore after exercising.

The most important part in building muscle is consistency. You know how when you stop working out after a while you loose a lot of not all of the muscle you gained? That's because the muscle you had was temporary muscle, consistency helps build more permanent muscle while also maintaining your temporary muscle.

Think of it like this, for every four weeks you work out, you gain 6 grams of muscle. But, only 2 grams are permanent. So, after eight weeks of exercise you'll only have gained 4 grams of permanent muscle.

As you work out longer, your permanent muscle slowly catches up with your temporary muscle before eventually your body plateaus and you reach your muscle limit. This is usually when people start taking supplements... but we aren't talking about that.

As you build muscle you slowly lose fat, but you're just replacing it with muscle.

The muscles!!

Arms: bicep, tricep, deltoid, forearm (flexors and extensors)

Legs: quads (quadriceps), calves, hamstrings, tibilas, and glutes (glutes maximus and medius)

Abdomen: Upper abs, lower abs, mid abs, and obliques

Back/Shoulder: Trapezius, and Lats (Latissimus Dorsi)

Chest: Pecs (Pectorals)

Lastly, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. The first week of working out you're going to be sore as fuck, but you won't get horribly sore like that afterwards. Sure you'll get a little bit sore, but your won't feel like you got hit but a truck. If you do, you know you're over doing it.