12. It's All Just A Game

Engaged to a Stranger © 2015 by Nique Joaquin. All rights reserved. 

———

Uknown POV

"You're a real son of a bïtch you know that?" Lawrence shouts at Keaton.

"Excuse me? I'm just trying to get gold here." Keaton says, the smirk hinting at his eyes.

"Will both of you shut up?!" I shout. 

"Oh please, as if you aren't trying to get her too. Mr. A? Really?" Keaton says.

"I'm trying to be nice to an innocent girl we brought into this mess." I say.

"We didn't do anything. Blame the old man for this mess." 

"Yeah, well try not to screw with her head. We have our ways and you all know she has to take a pick."

"She won't pick the stranger. There's no chance she would ever pick the stranger one her phone." 

"And she definitely won't pick you, you son of a-"

"Could the two of you calm down?! If I could take her away from the two of you, my life would be so much easier."

"Whoa, whoa. Are you actually falling for her?"

"I didn't say that. She's just a girl and we're all pursuing her whether we like it or not, because of a stupid bounty set on her head."

"That bounty is the entire company. No offense, brother, but I could care less about using her." 

"He's insane." Lawrence says and I roll my eyes at the two of them quarreling. My phone buzzes in my hand and I look at the dimmed screen.

Sorry about not answering yesterday. Got suckered into a date with an annoying person. Pls. tell me that Keaton Carter isn't you, if you don't mind. If you are... I might just commit suicide. -Darcy 

I smirk at her message. 

"She'd adore me if she met me." I said. "And I would take care of her."

"Yeah, right." My brother scoffs. "If she met you, she'd probably use you."

"Don't be such a pessimist brother." I say before typing up a reply. "I think she'd love me."

"Yeah, for your face value." Keaton butts in and I roll my eyes.

"I'm leaving. You two can sort your shït out together." I say before smiling down at the fast response on my phone, and walking out on the two of them.

——Darcy's POV———

The day I become Keaton Carter is the day I die. :) Klein messages me. I giggle as I suck eat a forkful of cheesecake. Martin, Clara, and I had spent the entire day at Pavelton and we wanted a break from all the lectures. So we went to the same cafe where Martin met Erik.

"So... let me get this damn straight..." Martin says, bringing me out of my wonderful conversation with Klein. "Keaton Carter, hot douchebag wonder, took you out on a date only to ditch you because of a party?" I nod my head and Clara sips her coffee silently.

"Yes. That is indeed what happened." I say before picking up my coffee. "He's a serious douche."

"No kidding." Clara says with a sigh. "Ugh, but you at least had a date with one of the hottest dudes on campus."

"And you got invited into one of the biggest parties." Martin adds and I roll my eyes.

We were back in the same café and unfortunately, Martin's boywonder wasn't there.