4. Letters from Mr. A

Engaged to a Stranger © 2015 by Nique Joaquin. All rights reserved. 

———

"Jesus." I say as Holly leads me into what she calls THE penthouse.

"Christ." She adds with a wink and I fight the urge to roll my eyes. I've been doing nothing but sighing, rolling my eyes, and groaning the whole goddamned day.

The penthouse was about three floors. The first floor held the whole veranda with an infinity pool plus a stylish and large friggin living room. It also held the kitchen and dining room and a fireplace. I gawked at the sheer size of everything and the large amount of glass walls. I felt like I was in a glass cage...

"Are these things tinted or...?" I asked and Holly grinned.

"Of course they are, silly." She says and I nod as I step towards the living room. The ground is suddenly a lot softer and I jump back. Whatever I stepped on felt expensive.

"Come on! I need to show you your room!" Holly exclaimed and I tried to match her excitement... But I was too busy gawking at all the chandeliers and fancy details. The stairs were spiral and I was happy that they were spaced out in a way that didn't make you tired.

Holly led me up all the way to the top floor and walked me down a large hall with only three doors at the end. One on the wall right beside the hall and two across. There was a piano in the large space between accompanied by a living room set and you could look over the railing down to the first floor if you wanted to.

"Am I dreaming?" I asked and Holly beamed at me.

"Nope."

"Are you sure?" And Holly rolls her eyes at me.

"Just come here!" Holly said as she dragged me by the hand towards the door closest to the railing.

When she opened it, I found myself walking in through a mini hall of grey walls and when we turned to the right, there was a sleek gray bed and large open windows. I gasped at the simple yet beautiful decorations.

"Okay... please tell me this is my room." I say as I bellyflopped onto the bed. So... soft....

"It's yours alright. So is the bathroom beside the hall and a large walk-in closet that we filled up with beforehand." Holly says as she sits on the bed, I look at her and turn so that I'm lying on my back.

"Why the hell did you take me out shopping if I had a closet full of crap?" I asked and Holly shrugged.

"Mr. A's decision. Not mine." Holly says and I hear her phone buzz. She fishes it out of her pocket and groans. "Sorry. Gotta take this." She says with a wink and I roll my eyes.

"Go ahead." I say as I pull myself off of the bed and decide to explore my new room.

I hear Holly mumbling things while I open the door in the mini hallway that led to the bathroom. It wasn't enormous and I wasn't expecting it to be, but it was pretty enough. The shower was separated by thick glass and it made up about a quarter of the room already. There was a bathtub in the corner and a simple little vanity in between. I had never had a bathtub before- therefore I also have never had a bubble bath and that was probably the most exciting thing about the tub. Bubble baths.

I walked out of the bathroom and made my way to the other door right across it. I open it up and find myself standing in a walk-in closet. I was either very lucky or in very deep crap... I mean I just can't push the thought out of my mind that I'm engaged. I have everything in here in exchange for my hand in marriage. I mean I didn't think that by all expense paid, Carter-Pavel meant a whole large friggin apartment. But... I also didn't think that I only got here because someone wanted to marry me. It really just makes me feel like I used my body to get everything I could have wanted.