11. First Date - Part Two

Engaged to a Stranger © 2015 by Nique Joaquin. All rights reserved. 

———

"I think it looks chic." Jenny says as I look at my reflection in the large mirrors in front of me.

Jenny and Quinn had placed me into a large dressing room that looked like it was made for princesses. The ceilings were high, a tall crystal chandelier hung above, I was surrounded by golden tipped mirrors, and there was a round white marble platform where I stood. The entrance was covered in large decorative and heavy looking pale pink curtains. I thought I was in a palace.

"I think it's way too much." I say with a sigh. "I told you guys that I wanted to keep my jeans..." I whined.

"Oh please." Quinn says as she rolls her eyes at me. "Stop talking." She says and I sigh as Quinn applies a thin layer of tinted lipbalm onto my lips.

"Was the whole makeover thing really necessary?" I asked, as soon as the lipbalm was lifted from my lips. Quinn grins at me before slipping the tiny lipbalm into the pocket of the tan leather jacket i had on.

"It wasn't. But if Keaton brings his date here, then I just know he's into you." Jenny says with a sigh before walking over to me.

Quinn backs away to get something and Jenny adjusts the jacket while fixing the golden collared necklace they placed for that extra "bling" or whatever.

"I feel way too fancy." I say with a sigh.

The two of them had gone all out- you'd think 15 minutes was too little time for a makeover... but Jenny made me look like I had gotten ready for hours when it only took 10 minutes. Of course... there were two of them working on me at the same time. Quinn got me dressed as fast as she could while Jenny fixed my hair and makeup. I felt like I was going to some fancy party rather than a spontaneous date.

"Are the earrings there?" Jenny asks Quinn, who's behind her and is fetching something.

"Yup." Quinn responds, walking over to me. My hair was up in a tight ponytail that somehow has going up to the ponytail section.

Quinn quickly slipped on a pair of large chandelier-like gold earrings on me. So far, the two of them wanted me in a fairly simple golden accessory themed outfit. They let me wear the bracelet Klein gave me as well as a ring, the earrings Quinn just put on me, and the collared statement necklace. They put me in a cropped white tank top, a black leather skater skrit, and a pair of tall white and gold stiletto heels that I could possibly fall in.

I'm not bad at wearing heels. But considering that these are the first time I'm wearing these gorgeous ones... I might just stumble in the streets of New York. I just hoped Keaton would bring me to leveled land and hopefully not anywhere with jagged stone floors. That would be hell in my current situation.

"If I fall today... I blame you two." I mutter and Jenny giggles before stepping back.

I look at my reflection and I can't help the smile that tugs at my lips. Damn. I look amazing.

NOT to be vain or anything.

Okay.

Yeah, I'm totally being vain right now. But so what? I can have my moments too.

"You guys have outdone yourselves." I mutter.

"Not really. Just imagine what would happen if Keaton asked us to dress you up for a company ball. That would totally outdo both of us." Quinn says and I giggle as the two of them share a high five.

"Okay. We need a pic before my brother takes you away." Jenny says before she brings out her phone. "Say 'gorgeous'!" Jenny says before we all huddle together for a pic.