21. We All Give and Take

© 2015 by Nique Joaquin. All rights reserved.

------

A couple of hours later, at around 11, I dressed up, for the first time, in Autumn clothes. Which was basically a comfy old black sweater, some black jeans, a pair of black leather boots, and my favorite cat-eared black bonnet. I put some mascara on my lashes and placed some pink lip balm on my lips before deciding to head out with Lawrence with just some money and my phone in my pockets.

"I re-heated the food- but I ended up downing the three cans of Arizona and the fruit cups while waiting- so we should probably hit the supermarket for a re-fill." Lawrence says as he rubs the back of his head. I roll my eyes.

"Do you have a thermos around here?" I asked and Lawrence nods as he opens one of the cupboards and brings out a silver and somewhat large thermos. I smirk and heat some water with the electric kettle. "Coffee packets?" I asked.

"None. Those are just nasty." Lawrence says and I sigh.

"Fine, we need to buy hot chocolate packets then."

"Hallelujah!" Lawrence says with a wide grin.

"Since this is food, this one's on me, okay?"

"Yeah, yeah."

"And we are not going to go buy more pancake mix."

"But-"

"Lawrence, shut up."

***

"Okay, Lawrence, I am not buying three boxes of poptarts... or any for that matter." I say as I push the cart.

"But poptarts are awesome." He whines.

"Yeah, but I want real food, Lars. Plus, we're not going shopping for the apartment, we're shopping for our little picnic."

"But  we might as well shop for the apartment." Lawrence says and I sigh.

"No." I say and Lawrence pouts as I ignore his pleas.

We leave the supermarket and head back to Central Park with our paper bags of food and the picnic basket.

"So... have you figured out what you were going to do yet?" Lawrence asks as we set up our little picnic.

"Nope. I'm still waiting on something. I have a few ideas, but none that are sure yet. I was thinking of taking a break... Not that I have the cash for it yet anyways."

"Well you're still financially backed by the company, you could do it if you really wanted to."

"Thanks, but no thanks. I'd rather not look like I just decided to go on a spree... Especially with all the money crap." I say as I pop a french fry into my mouth.

"Oh come on. You are rightfully given fifty thousand dollars for a vacation trip. Plus, the scholarship answers for most prices for any university in the world. All you need to do is re-apply and get going." Lawrence explains. I nod my head in response.

"I'll think about it Lars... Thanks." I say with a smile as I nudge him with my elbow. He nudges me back and we spend the rest of our time talking about other things.

Once we're done, Lawrence tells me that he has a lecture, gives me the details on Daisy's homecoming thing, and leaves as soon as he brought me to my apartment. I laughed when he stumbled a few times before he even got out the door. His fault for putting a big rug in the apartment.

***

2 days later,  I pulled open my laptop and sat on the couch. I decided to be productive and do any assignments I hadn't done yet. Truth be told, I was usually the procrastinator... but work tends to help me get my mind off of things.

Engaged to a Strangerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें