8. Romance Everywhere.

Engaged to a Stranger © 2015 by Nique Joaquin. All rights reserved. 

———

"Sweetheart, do you mind explaining how the hell you live here?" Martin asks as I get into his white SUV.

Martin is seated at the driver's seat and Clara's riding shotgun- which leaves the back all to me.

"What?" I ask.

"Uh, it is almost impossible to even get a flat there. It's practically full 24/7— even if the people there don't actually live there." Clara says with a sigh.

"We should totally have a sleepover at your house!" Martin says as he pulls onto the main road and I shrug.

"Next week Saturday sounds good to me." I say and the two of them squeal. "I have a flatmate though- his name's Lawrence."

"HE?!" The two of them shout at the same goddamn time.

"Ouch, much?" I say holding my hands to my ears.

"Gay or straight?" Martin asks.

"Straight." I mutter.

"Damn." Martin curses and I hear Clara giggle.

"He's taken, though. His girlfriend's visiting tomorrow." 

"Is he hot though?" Martin asks and I grin.

"Do you think I'd be able to live with someone if he wasn't?" I asked and the two of them laugh.

It takes us about 15 minutes to get to the café they were going on about. It was found at the 20th floor of a hotel. 

"You know... I was expecting your usual quiet small cafe on the corner of a street. This. This is high freaking class." I say and Clara giggles.

"Well, it's a lot quieter in here than it is down there. Gives us time to relax and talk- get to know each other." Martin says. 

The café made up a corner of the hotel's 20th floor. You had a perfect view of the New York City skyline, the bay area, and the bright sun didn't even touch the inside. It was modernistic, the black and white theme (that I really loved) surrounded it. We were seated at the very corner and the view was breathtaking. The black leather couches and black furry carpets felt divine. I sat by myself on one side while Clara and Martin sit together on the opposite couch. The place was silent, fairly empty, and very high-class. It was something I would have always dreamt of experiencing. 

"I love you guys already." I say as I peeked out at the view. 

I bring out my phone and take a picture of the view sending it on snapchat. 

"Dude, add me." Martin says and I grin as I hand my phone over. 

"Me too!" Clara exclaims as she grabs the phone.

"Hey!" Martin shouts and they both sound like bickering children. 

Clara's short frame is wearing a pair of black high waisted shorts, a floral crop-top, and a pair of black vans. Meanwhile Martin's rocking a classic red flannel button down over a black v-neck and a pair of torn denim jeans. You almost wouldn't think he was gay at the moment. Someone clears his throat beside me and I look to the side to find a finely dressed waiter waiting for us.

"Oh. Guys?" I asked and they stop bickering.

"Oh, hi. One classic angel latté for me, a dark espresso for this one, and your best-seller for the girl in front of us- oh! And the sampler's plate... uh-" Clara pauses and looks at Martin. "Large or regular?"