23. Moving Forward... and In

© 2015 by Nique Joaquin. All rights reserved.

------

I feel warm and cozy as I snuggle up to the source of heat with me. It's a calming feeling that strangely smells like... lavender body wash... I open my eyes and find myself staring right at Archer's chest. He's breathing softly and I look up to study his face. He has a peaceful look, like it's the first time he's rested in days, and I smile. He has his arms wound around me and I'm surprised that they haven't gone numb- or maybe they have and I'm just not moving.

I sigh contently to myself. No more fighting with this one... hopefully. I add in my head. I carefully attempt to untangle my arms from his but I find that he only holds me still. I huff in frustration.

"Archer... I need to make breakfast." I whine quietly as I poke his face. His face crinkles at the action and I giggle, causing him to pull me even further into his embrace.

He leans his head into the crook of my neck and I feel his breath. He takes a deep breath and sighs as he leaves me in that position.

"Archer..." I whine.

"10... more... minutes..." He says groggily. I roll my eyes and spot the clock on his bedside table. It was 9 in the morning.

"Don't you have work?" I asked.

"Day... off..." He replies.

"Archer, you're already awake if you can respond." I point out and he only snuggles into me more, making my body heat up.

"Not... ready..."

"Archer come on, I'm really hungry." I say, and I was, my stomach was going to grumble soon. But Archer ignores me and simply nuzzles my neck even more, breathing in my scent.

I look at his neck and press a soft kiss in the crook of his neck, then I work my way up to his jawline until he's shifted so that his face is right in front of me. When I kiss his chin, I laugh when his eyes open and he gives me a frustrated look. I kiss the other side of his jaw and stop at his chin, never touching his lips and I feel his arms pull me even closer to him. I laugh and I kiss the tip of his nose and watch as he frowns and makes a frustrated grunt. He pulls me so that I'm now on top of him and I sit down, his eyes are now wide open and I smirk as I put my hands on his chest and kiss the gap between his nose and lips.

"Quit teasing me, woman." He says and I giggle.

"We need breakfast." I say as I teasingly kiss the tip of his nose again, he places a hand at my back and at my neck as he brings me down to his face and I roll my eyes. "We gotta get up babe."

"Boy did I miss you calling me that... even if you hate it." Archer says with a smile. I laugh and kiss the corners of his mouth. "Damn it."

"Breakfast in 10." I say. "I'll borrow a shirt." I say and he nods as I kiss his lips quickly and immediately hop off of him, rushing to the bathroom- but before I can leave, Archer grabs my arm, pulls me down to him, and gives me a long sweet kiss, morning breath and all.

"I missed you." He says after and I blush as I nod my head.

"Me too." I admit and he smiles before nudging me away.

"Go get dressed and stuff. I'll be up in a bit." He says and I nod as I make my way to the bathroom.

I decide to take a quick shower, taking in the smell of lavender bodywash that Archer seems to love using. Afterwards, I wrap a towel around myself and wipe the mirror with a little towel and examine my face.

My roots have grown, showing deep brown hair through my lighter, borderline blonde highlights. I quickly make my way into the closet and shriek when I bump into Archer.