"Sorry, Grandpa. So, will you be there?" he asked again.

"Do you want me there, Nong Leo?"

"Definitely yes. Grandpa, you're the only one who can handle any argument which may arise tomorrow. I want my first camp in Thailand to be memorable and happy. But if something happens and it spoils Beam's mood, then he will make my stay miserable," explained Leo in detail with his puppy eyes.

"Hahaha, alright. I'll make sure that my son won't start anything tomorrow. Beam, you shouldn't too," warned grandpa Gulf.

"Like they will ever let me," mumbled Beam slowly. But it was still heard by the elder.

"What was that?" challenged the grandpa at his grandson.

"Nothing, grandpa. I said goodnight. Have a sweet dream, grandpa," said Beam as he pushed both Leo and his grandpa out of his room.

Leo said his goodnights and left to his room as well. They have to wake up early tomorrow and reach the campus by 8 am.

~

Gulf walked back to his bedroom only to be welcomed by his son and husband having a serious conversation.

"The last time I checked, this is my bedroom. Not your meeting spot," said Gulf to gain the attention of his small family.

"Papa, you're here," replied Bane Jaturapoom, his only son.

Gulf noticed the tense atmosphere in the room.

"What's keeping both of you awake this late at night?" he softly asked as he sat down beside his husband.

"We were talking about the case," chimed in Mew.

"Beam is back early, papa. He was not supposed to return early. The case is still in court, and they haven't found or caught the prime criminal yet. You know that Thailand is not safe for him with his frequent nightmares and phobia," declared Bane worriedly.

"Beam is old enough and mature enough to handle everything that you're worried about, Bane. Your son has grown up. You don't have to keep him under your wings and protect him all the time. I believe Beam can protect himself well," explained Gulf calmly to make his son understand and stop worrying.

"But.....,"

"No buts, Bane. It's past your bedtime. Go back to your bed," ordered Gulf.

"Papaaaaaa......I'm 45, don't force me to sleep early," whined Bane to his papa as he asked for help from his dad.

"And I'm 73, young man. Now go back to your room and console your wife. Sanoh seemed calm and collected. But we all know how tense and bothered she is about Beam going to Phuket. Calm down your wife from any worries, and I promised your son that I wouldn't let you start any argument tomorrow. So, you better behave, Bane," warned Gulf sternly as he does back in the day when Bane was still a teenager.

"Dad, control your husband, please. He's getting grumpy nowadays," stated Bane playfully as he ran for his life from Gulf.

"You little shit, come back here," called Gulf, irritated by his son's teasing, but it's too late since his son has run out of the room.

"Yai Nong, let him be. You know he is messing with you," consoled Mew as he pulled Gulf back into his arms.

"Khun Phi, look at your son. He never changes," complained Gulf to Mew with his signature Bambi's eyes.

"Let him be. He was very concerned just now," stated Mew to calm down his upset husband.

"So are you. When are you planning to tell Beam about this? He thought of you as the strict grandpa. Beam doesn't know how much we all love him and are worried about his safety," responded Gulf as he rested his head on Mew's chest as he played with their wedding rings.