Chapter One- Runaway

Start from the beginning

My whole body was shaking violently in fear if what he has been doing to me wasn't hell then I didn't want to know what was. The growling stopped and I heard foot steps coming closer to me once I felt warm hands touch my bare arm I panicked. "No! Please don't hurt me! I'll do whatever you want please don't hurt me!" I screeched as I pushed myself further into the wall and hid my face. More tears poured down my face as I waited for the pain for a command. But there was nothing I waited for a few more minutes until I slowly turned my face to see a black figure. I squinted my eyes trying to look at him but it was to dark and there was barely any light in the alley.

"Are you alright?" the figure asked in a deep but soft voice I didn't answer I looked around wildly trying to find a way to escape but it was to dark to see anything. The figure came closer to me and got on his knees my body froze afraid of what he was going to do next. He reached his hand towards me again but slowly before he could touch me I cringed away from him. "Stop! please!" I begged "It's okay I'm not going to hurt your let me help you up" he said softly. I took a deep painful breath as he let out his hand again waiting for mine to meet his. I reached out a shaking hand and he grasped it in both of his and slowly helped me up.

I winced a few times my back and legs were burning and aching once I stood up I yanked my hand away. "Th-Thanks for helping me" I stuttered "No problem" he said I felt his eyes on me before I could get away from him he spoke again. "You seem shaken up let me take you somewhere we could talk" he offered his hand. I looked at it and backed away not trusting him I've been through to many things to trust someone so quickly. "Come on you don't have to trust me but I won't hurt you" he said coming closer and offered his hand I slowly took it but quickly yanked my hand away when I felt my hand burn.

I looked at my hand and back to him it didn't really hurt but it felt weird I slowly took his hand again ignoring the burn as our skin touched. He lead the way out the alley and to a small park across the street. He sat down on a bench and motioned me to sit next to him I watched him carefully as I sat down. I was able to see him in the moon light he was muscular I realized he was shirtless. He had fair skin short light brown hair when I met those hypnotizing green eyes I looked away and felt my cheeks blush. "What's your name" he spoke softly again like if he spoke louder than that I'll panic and run away. That was probably true but there was something about him that made it hard to run away from him it wasn't impossible but it felt hard to but I still didn't trust him.

I studied him again before I answered his question "Annabel what's yours" I whispered not looking at him "I'm Eric". There was another long silence he was probably letting me get use of being around him I looked through the wall between us I made with my hair and saw that he was studying me. "Do know him" he whispered I nodded hoping he wouldn't ask anymore about him but he did. "What's his name?" I winced at the question "Damien" I whispered quickly. I guess he figured I didn't want to talk about him so he stopped. I looked around the park there were only a few people here and children were playing on the swings. Some were playing with their parents which I envied I don't remember anything about mine not even their names.

I always dreamed of finding my parents and get to know them again but I thought it was never going to happen. But I now have the chance I just need help with that though Damien has taken everything away from me and I wouldn't know where to start. My eyes stopped at a few teenage boys across from us they kept stealing glances at me. I felt my eyebrows come together in frustration why would they keep looking at me well of course I probably looked like hell but they didn't have to stare. I heard a growl beside me my whole body froze as I slowly looked at Eric his eyes were narrowed at the boys.

He was another vampire oh no why did I trust him he could kill me or make me his slave! I looked at him closely as I noticed something different. His eyes were a human color and his skin was fair I also remembered that he was much warmer than Damien. I calmed down a little realizing he wasn't a vampire but what was he? Then it slowly came to me remembering when I was able to go into Damien's library and read a book about vampires and another creature. I started getting off the bench when he looked at me I froze at the edge. "Sorry I didn't mean to scare you" he said his face went soft and I almost believed him. Almost. "Your a werewolf" I whispered in horror and shock I was off the bench now I backed away about to run.