As One Who Does Not Belong

"The blood that runs through your veins is not the same blood that runs through Orophins." Elrond spoke and Orophin refused to look at her. In a way she knew that. The words Galadriel had spoken ran through her mind. Yes she knew that.

"What are you saying?"

"Amalia you will always be my little sister." Orophin stood up but she backed away even more. Tears threaten to fall at his promise. She felt the love conveyed through them.

"Tell me the truth Elrond." Amalia demanded with a stern glare. Elrond shifted uncomfortably so Amalia turned to Orophin then Haldir and Rúmil. All of them looked down as if they were hiding something.

"Tell me!" She demanded again.

"You know you are the daughter of the witchking of Angmar." Elrond finally answered her, "he used his ring of power to manipulate. You are tied to his being and to the one they to you. Your life began before the one ring itself was forged." Amalia was shocked yet she had the feeling that that was not all he had to say. The look on gandalf's face made it seem like there was more.

"What aren't you telling me?" She inquired.

"You are a weapon. After Sauron fell you forgot. The memories you have are conjured images meant to give you a new life. When Sauron returned you began to as well. That is what your purpose was to be but as such you can fight the witchking." He continued and Amalia backed away again. She shook her head in denial. Hatred and anger boiling inside of her as dark chuckle reverberated through her mind. His hideous laugh.

"No.."

"The future I have seen for you has not faded.."

"No." She interrupted knowing that he had foretold her death. Of course she would die. They would have to kill her for what she would become. She would try to kill him again ... how could she .... she could handle the thought of it.

"Amalia please listen..."

"No I will not." She turned and ran away. Amalia was running from the future, running from this fate and from Elrond. She could not do this. She could not. She would not lose control and destroy the ones she loved.

Suddenly the scenery changed. Amalia saw the great black wings of a nazgûl. Wraiths on wings. Something no one could escape the claws of. It screached as it was forced to land showing rows of razor sharp teeth. The black beast looked down on her just as Amalia seemes to be doing. She was watching a battle and watching herself.

Her armor was bloodied and dirty. The sun gleemed off the metal refelecting onto the armor of the wraithking. He laughed at her when she drew her weapon and stood inches from her face.

"You could not hope to defeat me." He screeched. His blade clashed with hers and his strength was proven to be quite formidable. He pushed her down into a defensive position. Her back was bent backwards and her blade vertical while his horizontal as he pushed her down. Amalia's arms burned as she tried to push back until his blade slid from over hers and jabbed into her stomach.

Amalia woke with a pained scream and flung the blankets off to press her hands to her stomach. There was no wound but she slid off the bed shakily but fell knocking over the vase by her bedside.

"Amalia!" Haldir exclaimed rushing to her aid. His orders were to stand guard by Amalia. He was her escort and guard. He took hold of her arms and pulled her away from the glass.

"You're burning up." He pressed a hand to her forehead.

"He's going to kill me. I have seen it." She breathed heavily, "I must see Elrond."

"He is with the Lady Galadriel." Amalia pushed away from Haldir and slipped on a light dress over her night gown. She tied the laces while running out the archway or her door. Her feet were bare and the ground cold under her heels. Haldir was close behind her. She could hear his light steps upon the ground.

Amalia ran straight for where she could find the elven lord. She did not stop until she saw his brown hair. Her Anger rose and she approached. Never far was her fury since the awakening of the great sorcerer.

"Take it from my mind!" She yelled gaining the attention of not only Elrond. Yet Amalia did not care about the gaze of Galadriel.

"Amalia.." Elrond looked concerned but she did nor allow him to continue talking.

"The future you have foreseen. Do not put such images in my mind. Take it back." She demanded.

"I have not shown you the future that I have seen, Amalia." He replied taking hold of her arms, "that I swear to you."

"Then the girl has the gift of foresight as well." Galadriel descended the stairs and Amalia tore free and turned.

"Foresight is not my gift." She responded for she knew what she was. "I have only a curse."

"Show me what it is you have seen." Elrond requested holding out his hand and Amalia did as he asked. The images of her nightmare replayed in her mind and in his.

"I did not show you this. You have foreseen it yourself." He informed to her dismay.

"That's not possible." She exhaled.

"If you would allow it, I would like to see what you have foreseen." He looked to Amalia and then to Galadriel. The Lady of Lothriel gave a single gentle nod and Amalia extended a hand to Haldir. The blonde elf accepted the hand and Amalia showed him her future. Her fate.

When the images had played through his mind Haldir fell to his knees. Amalia attempted to brace him but only succeeded in kneeling with him holding her arms

"It .. felt so real." He gasped, "it is true then." Amalia looked down. She knew it was true now. He reached out and embraced her as a brother would a sister. Such kindness in the action but she felt so detached.

As one who does not belong.