Overcoming Darkness

Amalia curled herself into a ball in the corner of her room. Sweat was beading down her forehead and she gritted her teeth. The pain that wracked her mind came from him but she resisted with every inch of her being. 'Do not resist!' The wraith screeched causing Amalia to cover her ears as if she would block out the sound reverberating through her mind.

"I will not submit." She snarled through clenched teeth and pushed at the presence that threatened her. Her body shook and trembled under the weight of the powerful being. His power was great but her will was strong. How lot it would hold she did not know.

(Elrond POV)

The fellowship had gathered together, dwarves, elves, men, a single hobbit accompanied by a wizard. This gathering to answer the threat of Mordor.
Elrond stood as he looked over those who had come. It was not many but he did not need many. The council had begun.

"Strangers from distant lands, friends of old. You have been summoned here to answer the threat of Mordor. Middle Earth stands upon the brink of destruction. None can escape it. You will unite or you will fall. Each race is bound to this fate, this one doom." Elrond spoke letting his silver eyes scan over every being that had come until his eyes landed upon Frodo. "Bring forth the Ring, Frodo"
The young hobbit steps forward slowly to place the ring upon the pedestal. Elrond could see the hesitation in Frodo's eyes as he left the object on the stone.

"So it's true." Boromir, son of Denethor speaks, placing a hand over his mouth in disbelief. Frodo sits back down and sighs, though Elrond could not tell if the hobbit was glad the ring was not in his possession or worried. The young princeling, Legolas eyes the Ring suspiciously with his brow furrowed. Boromir stands then and Elrond keeps his watchful eye on the human.

"In a dream I saw the Eastern sky grow dark" He starts to walk towards the Ring suspiciously. "In the West a pale light lingered A voice was crying, your doom is near at hand." Boromir began circling the pedestal.
"Isildur's bane is found." He continued. Elrond looked to Gandalf with a concerned expression as Boromir stretched out his hand to the Ring. "Isildur's Bane" the son of Denethor whispered.

"Boromir!" Elrond jumped to his feet to draw the mans attention, but men are so easily corrupted. Elrond could see the insanity already creeping in on the fringes of Boromir's pupils.

"Aye it is a gift!" Boromir states walking around to adress the entire council. "A gift to the foes of Mordor. Why not use this Ring ? Long has my father, the Steward of Gondor kept the forces of Mordor at bay. By the blood of our people are your lands kept safe. Give Gondor the weapon of the enemy, let us use it against him" Elrond knew the words were madness but before he could protest, another spoke in his place.

"You cannot wield it. None of us can." The voice of the ranger Aragorn spoke. He was wise to know such. Elrond watched Boromir look the ranger with disbelief as if he demanded an answer. "The One Ring answers to Sauron alone. It has no other master"

"and what would a ranger know of this matter?" Boromir spoke scathingly. Legolas stood then drawing all eyes to him.

"This is no mere Ranger." The Prince of Mirkwood spoke. "He is Aragorn son of Arathorn You owe him your allegiance."

"Aragorn!" Boromir looked at him in disbelief and Elrond pressed his fingers to his brow annoyed. "This.. is Isildur's heir?" The man continued as if he were disappointed.

"and heir to the throne of Gondor." The prince confirmed eyeing Boromir. Aragorn stands and raises a hand to Legolas with a saddened expression on his face.

"Havo dad, Legolas" The danger did not demand the action but spoke calming and Legolas obeyed with a slight nod.

"Gondor has no King." Boromir spits harshly as he returned to his seat. "Gondor needs no King" he stared at Aragorn disdainfully as he speaks the words.