The Truth about Shadows Past (P.5)

A/N: None, jumping straight into the Chapter here.

________________________________________________________________________________

"......" There was a long silence. "No. Why are you asking such thing?" Skylar asked, shifting her position slightly, as if she already predicted that it was going to be a rather long discussion.

"Are you sure?" The boy's voice took on a hint of suspicion. He stared her into the eyes.

She stared back.

"Some things are not for you to know. Let me tell you something. To survive here, don't question things. Don't question what your upper ranks say. That's how I survived. Especially don't question what the B.B. says." Shadow flinched at her words. "So you know? But you don't bother telling me?" He knew that 'B.B.' was standing for 'Big Boss' likewise known as Herobrine. If Shadow was honest, that dude scared him.

And Skylar knew it.

Those glowing white eyes were unreadable for the most. Skylar knew what that dude was thinking, all thanks to him practically raising her. She knew that that guy had no good intentions. Yet, he somehow still cared.

Or not.

It really depended on his mood. He could be a caring father, as well as a monster from hell at the same time. He was unpredictable.

After all, she was too.

She had been an almost perfect copy of him- if not, she was worse. She had none of his strange mood swings or his multiple personality problems. She was just her.

And she was a liar.

Every single word she told in her life could've been an lie.

"Even if I knew, I wouldn't tell you if that's not what Hero wants."

"You're no different. You're still just a mere toy of him."

"What makes you think I ever was anything else?"

He stayed silent.

Skylar let out an exasperated sigh. "Alright, I don't know who they were, nor do I know where Null found you. Why don't you go ask him yourself?"

"I already tried. He won't tell me anything."

The girl shrugged. "Well, then. Looks like you'll have to figure things out yourself."

"What do you mean by that?" The boy furrowed his eyebrows, shifting his stance slightly.

"Why don't you do your own research? Do you seriously think that you can just sit around and wait for the answers to come flying down to you?" She raised an eyebrow, leaning back and folding her arms behind her head. Her composure to the situation was something that Shadow disliked greatly, it gave him the feeling that she wasn't taking things seriously at all.

Oh well.... she wasn't

But... she was even.

It was certain that Null wouldn't tell Shadow a thing. But if it would be somebody else asking him, maybe then he would start telling the tales.

Skylar may not let much of her emotions show, but her mind was certainly not as blank as she let it seem. She was not stupid after all.

In the end, she was just as curious as she was protective about the ones she actually cared about. Even if she didn't liked show it.
_______________________

The two talking didn't notice they were being watched. In the shadows of the hall, reflected by the torches in the dark, stood the very one mentioned. He just watched. His white eyes the only thing that made it clear that he was there. Silent, as always.