Chapter 3: The truth of Shadows past (P.1)

Walking towards their home, Skylar seemed to have get other orders from above, however, as their route was supposed to went beside of hamburvillle, Skylar turns off the path and wents forward Riverstead.

________________________________________________________________________________

"Eh- Ky'Skylar? Where-?"

"Felden, Shadow. We need to get someone."

"Who?"

I walked past a few trees, already seeing the gate of Felora.

"She was my student before, she set out alone to travel."

"Ah, and then I came?"

I inspected the gates carefully.

"Yeah."

"She's in there?"

Shadow pointed at the gates.

"Not sure."

Shadow blinked perplexed.

"What do you mean?"

"I know that she's somewhere north-west of Felden, not where she exactly is. But she could be anywhere."

Shadow didn't seem very happy about my answer.

"Aha- And how are we going to find her?"

"We? Find her?" I huffed. "No, she's going to find us. we're just meeting up here, she'll be fine. Just don't be surprised when you see her."

Shadow lookeed even more confused now.

Oh- I think I just confused him more-

I decided to do something useful while waiting;

I decided to tie the Voltaris against a tree- sitting- since it was hard to let someone unconcious stand- and woke him up- Well, I TRIED to wake him up.

Nope, no avail.

After sometime of trying to wake him up nicely, I gave up with a frustated sigh.

Looking at Shadow, who has fallen asleep, leaned against a tree. I sighted and walked up to him, laying him down properly.

Then I too sat down beside a tree and kind of enjoyed the silence. 

In other words: I got myself in a state where my body and mind are relaxed, while my senses are on top. In that state I could hear and sense things from much more away than normally. I was probably right to do so.

I heard the arrow, before I saw the person. 

I cought it with my right hand, before it could hit me or maybe the tree.

I jumped up and blocked the blade of an Iron Sword that was about to slice me into half. I pulled the person down with their sword while letting the arrow drow and caught with my now free hand their wrist, to slam them onto the ground before they could do further more.

I pointet the end of my scythe towards her. "Impressive, you've improved, but you still have a lot to learn. Nova." I opened my eyes and grinned at the young Voltaris that was laying on the ground before me.

"No fair! How did you know it was me?!"

She rolled onto her stomach and stared at me with an accusing glare.

I pulled my skythe and lend her a hand. "What kind of teacher would I be if I can't reginize my own student?" 

She pulled herself up, grumping.