The Truth about Shadows past (p.2)

That was when Shadow finally knew.

He knew who this person was.

It now seemed as if it was so clear all along.

He just didn't notice.

He didn't notice the markings, who shone so bright in that fiery red. That very one color scheme that made this girl beside him stand out of the other Voltaris, that color that had already made her father stand out that much.

Nova Voltaris was the Deathsinger's daughter.

He stopped dead in his tracks, no, that couldn't be, right?

He was for certain that the Deathsinger had much too many problems in the war to have a daughter. Besides, who the hell would love a monster? Yeah, that must be it... Maybe their markings just looked alike.

But Shadow knew that he was just telling himself lies.

He saw them very clearly in his mentor's drawings.

She had talent.

She did well in drawing people and things she saw.

He knew that.

He knew her mind was a captive cage for the things she saw once. Her memory was full of maps, faces, places, creatures, and people.

And he knew that this girl, whether he wanted to believe it or not, was that Ardonis daughter.

He knew that his teacher was a monster.

He knew that the whole 'happy family' thing was fake.

Yet he clung on that illusion as if that was his life......... Well, it kind of was.

He knew he was weak, not as smart as Lick, not as strong as Naeon, not as deranged as Entity- which for one he was glad about- not as stealthy as Null, and not even to mention Herobrine or Skylar. He was so easy to break.

He knew it-

-And he hated himself for it.

"Do you want to stand there all day?" The mocking voice of the Voltaris girl dragged his mind back into reality.

"......No." He replied. Shooting her a strange look.

He caught up with Skylar, whispering not to draw too much attention. "You do know she's HIS daughter, right?"

His teacher shot him a glance that he couldn't quite get, when Nova in front of them beamed: "I can hear you very well, Ya know? I have good ears and am certainly not deaf!"

Shadow felt his stomach churn. Why? He did not know. He shouldn't be afraid of her. But she was intimidating- that in a familiar way. He wondered how long she was with Skylar before he came.

"As for your question; Yes I am his daughter and I am not proud of it. Ya got a problem!?" She turned her head and Shadow was staring into a pair of red eyes that were glowing with the message: "Come challenge me. I can assure you that you'll lose."

Shadow stared back. He wasn't up for a challenge, but he was going to speak his mind. However, when he actually opened his mouth to say something, Skylar cut him off. 

"Calm down you two. We can sort this out when we arrive back home."

Unsatisfied with the answer, Shadow moved on. 

________

"You knew this?" Shadow turned his head to his teacher.

She just nodded.