🎂 𝑺𝒂𝒑𝒊𝒅 𝑺𝒘𝒂𝒕𝒊 🎂

~ 🄳🄴🄲🄴🄼🄱🄴🅁 03, 2021 ~

“Pagli anjaani woh Munna ke dil ki rani,
Filmy kahani woh Madhuri ki deewani.
Juliet woh bani Sameer ke liye,
Par Naina ke liye usne de di qurbani.
Naina se judi, dosti me bandhi,
Woh Preeti Naina ki thi parchai.
Bhatak si gayi kuch pal jo woh,
Dosti Naina ki use sabke dilo me phir se layi.
Munna ki zindagi uske dil ki hasi,
Naa jane kyun woh uske pyaar ke liye kuch pal bhi na lad paayi.
Sapne the bade, khushiya thi judi,
Par Swati ke kadmo me dagamagahat jab aayi,
Munna ki swati se woh,
kisi aur ki sangini ho aayi.”

The breeze rumbled, morning sunlight hidden under the thick blanket of grey spread across the sky. Here, in a well furnished room a pretty girl pulled the duvet over her head protecting herself from the cold as well as the shrill sound of the phone which was constantly ringing. She groaned, burying her head under the pillow, too sleepy to pick up the call. Hearing the sound, her mother entered in and found her sleeping soundly with the phone ringing in one corner. She shook her head in disbelief and patted her "Phone to utha le sustram, tere liye hi hoga."

She gave her the phone urging her to pick up. Reluctantly, she attended the call and said a sleepy hello and in return what the other person said, made her chrip a thank you with a carefree grin, wide awake from sleep by now. She got up smiling widely stretching herself. Her mother smiled at her "Janam din mubarak ho meri ladoo." She wished her again, kissing her head.
"Thank you Mummy" Kristina giggled hugging her mom back.

"Chal ab jaldi se ready hoke aaja, tera favourite breakfast banaya hai, fir batana aaj kya plan banaya hai."

"Plan... abhi to aapne bataya tha na ki shaam ko party hai gharwalo ke saath, bas wahi hai aur doston ne bhi kuch socha hoga shayad, pata nahi." She shrugged, wondering what surprises her friends may be planning.

Her mother nodded and went out asking her to come soon. She stepped down from the bed and opened her balcony door. The cold breeze made her shiver momentarily, the cloudy climate and light drizzle spread a clam smile on her face. It was past 10am, but still the weather was chilly, thanks to the month of December and unexpected rains from the past two days. Seemed like even nature is rejoicing her birthday, rains were always her favourite but she never imagined that it could every rain in December that to in Mumbai, but it was happening now.

She let out her hands through the grill and the tiny droplets landed on her hand. She giggled enjoying the feel of the pleasant weather reminiscing about the party last night. She had enjoyed to the fullest with her freinds, being the center of attention. They had a full blast till late night after the midnight cake cutting. Suddenly, a thought struck her mind and she rushed in to pick up her phone. She went through all the wish messages and replied to them but rechecking them she realised the wishes she was expecting were not there and this made her purse her lips. She chucked aside the thoughts and went to get ready for the day. After morning prayers with her mom, she sat down on the dinning table, and at the same time the bell rang making her beam as Vishal entered after her mom opened the door.