♿ 𝑾𝒐𝒓𝒍𝒅 𝑫𝒊𝒔𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝑫𝒂𝒚 ♿

~ 🄳🄴🄲🄴🄼🄱🄴🅁 03, 2021 ~

“Hoti nahi unhe kisi sahaare ki zarurat,
Udte hain jo aasmano mein apne houslon ke parr lekar,
Vo beshak hai majbur apne shareer ki khamiyo se,
Par unke himmat-ae-misaal ki koi baat nahi..”

World Disabled Day, also known as International Day of Persons with Disabilities and World Day of the Handicapped is an international observance promoted by the United Nations since 1992, which aims to promote an understanding of disability issues and mobilize support for the dignity, rights and well-being of people with disabilities. It also seeks to increase awareness of gains to be derived from the integration of people with disabilities in every aspect of political, social, economic and cultural life. Disabled people suffer from poor health, lack of equal opportunities in education and sometimes in work too. This also in turn affects their lifestyle as well as physical well-being. Hence, the day is observed to aware the world about their issues and to make it a better place for them.

Each year the day focuses on a different issue. While 1998 talked about “Arts, Culture and Independent Living”, 2021 highlighted the “Leadership and Participation of people with disabilities towards an inclusive, accessible and sustainable post-COVID-19 world”. Everyone can join on social media by using the hashtags #IDPD #EveryoneIncluded #CRPD to promote this year’s theme. The theme highlights the additional challenges faced by people with disability during the COVID-19 pandemic and the aim, once the virus is under control, of ensuring that the future is inclusive, accessible, and sustainable for all.

A program was also launched in India to serve the differently-abled community of the country as an initiative called Accessible India Campaign under Article 9 of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD).

Today, the world population is over 7 billion and more than one billion people, or approximately 15% of the world’s population live with some or the other form of disability.

IDPD Events around the World

• Virtual Event on Leadership of the new generations: Children and adolescents with disabilities and their voices post COVID-19
• Virtual Event on Building an Inclusive and Accessible Post-COVID-19 World: Leadership of Persons with Disabilities
• EMPOWER Project, UNiTe, and STEP.

“A person can be handicapped by his or her outer body but none has the power to degrade their inner abilities and stop them from shinning.”

H- Honest
A- Ambitious
N- Normative
D- Disciplined
I- Intellectual
C- Courageous
A- Amazing
P- Probable
P- Professional
E- Enthusiastic
D- Deserving

H- Honest A- Ambitious N- Normative D- DisciplinedI- Intellectual C- Courageous A- Amazing P- Probable P- Professional E- Enthusiastic D- Deserving

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

𝙲𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙱𝚢: 112313parnika
𝚀𝚞𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚜 𝙱𝚢: shivu-930901
𝙴𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙱𝚢: pahul_gpk
𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚛 𝙱𝚢: BooktrovertMe