Aftermath (Ending part 1)

Start from the beginning

Finally I felt a bit better after the pain eased and I sighed in relief. My eyes were teary but no tears ran down my cheeks. I shouldn't be crying..it wasn't even that bad.

Out of nowhere the door opened and Dante walked in with a grouchy face. Matthew was right behind him and kept nudging him to hurry in.

"I said I'm fine! What don't you understand." Dante grumbled and took a seat by me. I looked up at him and gave a small smile, trying to lighten his mood but he seemed insisted that he was alright.

I peeked at his back and saw that it was only red and a bit blistery. I guess my skin is just more sensitive than his.

Lorenzo got to work on cleaning Dante's back and I watched him bandage it up quickly. He was really quick and efficient when it came to medical help. I guess that was really useful when it comes to being in the Mafia.

Dante had a straight face on the whole time as Lorenzo fixed up everything. I was impressed because my back was hurting a whole lot during the process.

I decided to go explore instead of watching and I grabbed Vincent's hand to steady myself when I stood up.

"Matteo I'm going to go look around with Vincent~" I hummed softly and slowly headed out the bathroom door. I was afraid I was going to get lost in this huge mansion. It wasn't as big as ours, it's just that I didn't know my way around it well. So I thought the best idea was to venture out.

"Alright Bella be careful. Vincent make sure she doesn't irritate her burn on her back!" I heard Matteo shout from the bathroom and I giggled at his mention of me.

Vincent stopped walking and I slowed down, looking at him. "What's wrong?" I questioned him and he looked down at me with sad eyes: "I thought I lost you today.." he whispered and leaned down to my face. I gulped and looked him in his emerald eyes. I always get lost in those wonderful eyes.

He lightly placed his soft lips on mine and I smiled into the kiss. He was so gentle, making sure he did not hurt me at all.

I pulled away and giggled as he put a strand of hair behind my ear. "I love you..how about we go on a date later today, does that sound good?" He asked me and I froze immediately.

I've never been on a date..what am I supposed to wear..would my brothers even let me go on a date with Vincent. My mind began to wander but I was pulled away from my thoughts when Vincent lifted my head up to look at him.

"It's fine if you don't want to. I mean you're probably stressed out and all. I understand that." He said gently and I shook my head right away. I wanted to go on the date, it's just that I had no clothes right now.

"No no, I'll go on the date. I just don't have any nice clothes.." I muttered and looked down at my feet that I have been shuffling back and forth for awhile now.

Vincent widened his eyes at the new information, "oh yes sorry I forgot about that. How about we go shopping first and then go on the date?" He mentioned the idea and I nodded my head agreeing to it.

"That sounds good~" I hummed and grabbed his hand, entwining his fingers with mine. I was very excited for this so called date, I wonder where we'd go, or what we'd do. I've always wanted to go on a picnic date, but it'll probably just be at a fancy restaurant. I'm okay with that, it's just not my thing to eat at expensive places.

Vincent gave me a big grin as he pulled me through the hallway in which we took to get to the bathroom when we first arrived. "Let's go ask your brothers first. They'll probably want to go to the store too." He said softly and I bit my lower lip, thinking for a bit.

"Alright, but I need a new shirt." I mentioned and he nodded, ruffling my hair. My shirt was burnt through, the edges of the fabric black and charcoaled. It would be embarrassing to walk around in public like this.