Vincent

All my brothers had left the room to talk to each other about something and I was a bit upset that they wouldn't let me join in on the topic.

I was now left alone with Vincent, which surprised me that my brother Matteo would even let that happen.

I looked over at Vincent as he approached me with long strides. Now that I was staring him, he seemed to look even more handsome in my eyes. I gulped nervously and looked away, trying to avoid eye contact with him. I've only known him for such a short amount of time and I'm already falling for him.

"Are you alright?" I heard him ask tenderly as he took a seat next to me at the bedside. I let out a shaky breath and tears started to fill my eyes as memories of some beatings came back to me. I hated when people asked if I was okay, because once those words leave their mouth my emotions overwhelm me and I can't help but cry out.

Vincent grasped my small hand right away trying to calm me down. His hand was so large compared to mine that it was engulfed into his. I sobbed quietly and leaned into his chest, taking in the warmth that was emitted from his skin. "I..I'm not okay..I can't do this anymore..I'm so broken." I whispered and squeezed his hand tightly trying to assuage my powerful emotions.

Vincent rubbed my back gently and hummed a soft tune, trying to ease me down. Soon my sobs turned to sniffles and I took deep breaths before looking down at me legs. I felt ashamed and embarrassed of what just had occurred.

Vincent placed his pointer finger under my chin and lifted my head up so my eyes were looking right into his. I was memorized and began to get lost in the emerald abyss of his eyes. I bit my lower lip and my body stiffened when he started closing the gap between us. His face got closer and I closed my eyes, my chest rising up and down heavily, waiting for something to happen.

I felt a pair of soft plump lips connect to my forehead and my body softened right away at the contact. I thought he was going to kiss me on the lips, but that is too good to be true. I mean we just met and my feelings are just too strong.

I opened my eyes and looked up at him, he had a small smile on his face and I smiled back at him. Why do I feel this way about him...I can't stop these feelings, I wonder if he feels this too. He seems so kind, nothing like his cruel father who tortured me for days straight.

"Please don't tell my brothers about this.." I mumbled and rubbed the back of my neck nervously. I don't want them to know how I feel right now. They just have gone through so much trying to find me. I don't want them stressing over anything at the moment.

Vincent froze for a second, he looked hesitant..like he couldn't decide whether or not to agree with me. His eyes scanned over mine before his mouth opened to say something.

"Okay..but I can't promise that they won't find out soon." He said softly and stroked my head, moving a strand of loose hair behind my ear. I chewed on the inside of my cheek before looking right into his eyes.

"C..Can you stay with us?" I asked curiously, yearning for his presence to be with me everyday.

Vincent leaned back in the chair and sighed as he looked around the room. His eyes never met mine but when they did he stopped moving.

"I'll ask Matteo. I can't say he will say yes but there could be a chance. You never know." He spoke to me with a sheepish tone and I giggled, kissing his cheek.

"Thank you, thank you. I can't wait. You can meet my dog Koda, he's my baby..and oh you can meet my uncle Matthew!" I chimed and Vincent froze at the name of my uncle.

"What's wrong?" I asked softly, wondering why the name Matthew has disturbed him.

"I..I was supposed to beat him up but I just couldn't do that. My father ordered someone else to do it because I was a wimp." He stated and looked down, gripping the white hospital sheet.